With their fifth album, 'Hall of the Mountain Grill,' which was released on Sept. 6, 1974, Hawkwind had the unenviable task of following up what is, perhaps, the definitive Hawkwind album, the classic 'Space Ritual. That album, recorded live, presented the band in full flight, in their natural habitat, something their previous three studio efforts were unable to do fully. Hawkwind would make one more album, 'Warrior On The Edge Of Time,' before ousting Lemmy from the band, leaving him to follow his own, distinct path to the formation of Motorhead. Hawkwind would, of course, carry on for decades to come, and though many more great albums would be made including 'Quark, Strangeness and Charm' and 'Hawklords,' 'Hall of the Mountain Grill' stands as the high water mark of the band's early years, with all key elements of the band gelling in harmony.
HAWKWIND-HALL OF THE MOUNTAIN GRILL-Psych Rock Album-UNITED ARTISTS LA328G-LEMMY. This album signalled the introduction by the band of more ambient and melodic tracks, or parts of tracks than we were used to. By doing so, the band demonstrated that they were in fact extremely adaptable, and not the "Status Quo" of acid rock previous offerings may have implied.
The band's best studio album, coming off of the success of Space Ritual.
队列表 Heavy Rock Hawkwind Hall of the Mountain Grill. Album Name Hall of the Mountain Grill.
Album Name Hall of the Mountain Grill. Erscheinungsdatum 1974. Labels United Artists Records Liberty Records EMI Records. Musik GenreSpace Rock. Mitglieder die dieses Album besitzen16. Re-Issue in CD format in 1996 and 2001 by EMI with bonus tracks. 1. The Psychedelic Warlords (Disappear in Smoke).
Listen free to Hawkwind – Hall of the Mountain Grill (The Psychedelic Warlords (Disappear in Smoke), Wind of Change and more). For me, this was when the band were at their height. Oh, and I was in the band at the time. Lemmy (Classic Rock, April 2006), listing it as in "My Top British Rock Albums".
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||The Psychedelic Warlords (Disappear In Smoke)||6:51|
|2||Wind Of Change||5:06|
Written-By – Nik Turner
|5||You'd Better Believe It||7:13|
|6||Hall Of The Mountain Grill
Written-By – Simon House
Rhythm Guitar, Lead Guitar – LemmyWritten-By – Kilmister*, Farren*
Written-By – Del Dettmar
|10||You'd Better Believe It (Single Version Edit)||3:21|
|11||The Psychedelic Warlords (Disappear In Smoke) (Single Version)||3:56|
|12||Paradox (Remix Single Edit)||4:02|
|13||It's So Easy||5:20|
- Marketed By – EMI
- Distributed By – EMI
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – EMI Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – EMI Records Ltd.
- Made By – EMI Uden
- Remastered At – Abbey Road Studios
- Recorded At – Olympic Studios
- Artwork [Front Cover] – Barney Bubbles
- Artwork [Inlay Card] – David Hardy
- Bass, Vocals – Lemmy
- Design [CD Package Design] – Phil Smee
- Design [Redesign] – The Red Room
- Drums, Percussion – Simon King
- Engineer [Assistant] – Andy Morris , David Hamilton-Smith
- Keyboards, Synthesizer, Kalimba – Del Dettmar
- Keyboards, Synthesizer, Violin – Simon House
- Lead Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Synthesizer, Organ, Vocals – Dave Brock
- Photography By – Phil Franks
- Producer – Doug Bennett (tracks: 1 to 4, 6 to 9, 11 to 13), Hawkwind (tracks: 1 to 4, 6 to 9, 11 to 13), Roy Baker* (tracks: 5, 10)
- Remastered By – Paul Cobbold, Peter Mew
- Research [Tape], Compiled By – Nigel Reeve
- Saxophone, Oboe, Flute, Vocals – Nik Turner
- Written-By – David Brock* (tracks: 1, 2, 4, 5, 9 to 13)
NotesRecorded at Olympic Studios, Barnes, London, May through June 1974, except tracks 5, 9, 10, 12, and 13 recorded live at Edmonton Sundown on 26th January 1974.
Coordination; Doug Snif, Fenstein, Oggy.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 7 24353 00352 4
- Barcode (String): 724353003524
- Label Code: LC 0542
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1): EMI UDEN 8375552 @ 1 010308
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2, 8): EMI UDEN 8375552 @ 1 010305-NL
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 3): EMI UDEN 8375552 @ 1 1-3-2-NL
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 4, 8): EMI UDEN 8375552 @ 1 010305-NL
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 5): EMI UDEN 8375552 @ 1 1-2-4-NL
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 6): EMI UDEN 8375552 @ 1 1-2-1-NL
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 7, 8): EMI UDEN 8375552 @ 1 010305-NL
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 1 to 8): IFPI L047
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI AAHT4
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI AAHY7
- Mould SID Code (Variant 3): IFPI 1461
- Mould SID Code (Variant 4): IFPI AAHY9
- Mould SID Code (Variant 5): IFPI 1548
- Mould SID Code (Variant 6): iƒpi 15AD
- Mould SID Code (Variant 7): IFPI AAHY1
- Price Code: UK: 530 0352
- Price Code: F: PM 516
- Rights Society: bel BIEM
- Mould SID Code (Variant 8): ifpi AAH23
|UA-LA328-G||Hawkwind||Hall Of The Mountain Grill (LP, Album)||United Artists Records||UA-LA328-G||US||1974|
|UAG 29 672, 29 672 XOT, UAS 29 672 O||Hawkwind||Hall Of The Mountain Grill (LP, Album)||United Artists Records, United Artists Records, United Artists Records||UAG 29 672, 29 672 XOT, UAS 29 672 O||Germany||1974|
|UAG-5056||Hawkwind||Hall Of The Mountain Grill (LP, Album, Pic, Unofficial)||United Artists Records||UAG-5056||Australia||Unknown|
|UAL 35324||Hawkwind||Hall Of The Mountain Grill (LP, Album)||United Artists Records||UAL 35324||New Zealand||1974|
|UAS 29 672 O||Hawkwind||Hall Of The Mountain Grill (LP, Album)||United Artists Records||UAS 29 672 O||Germany||1974|