Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band is a double album produced by George Martin, featuring covers of songs by the Beatles. It was released in July 1978, as the soundtrack to the film Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, which starred the Bee Gees, Peter Frampton and Steve Martin. The project was managed by the Robert Stigwood Organisation (RSO)
Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band/With A Little Help From My Friends. A1a. –The Bee Gees, Paul Nicholas. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. A1b. –The Bee Gees, Peter Frampton What does that tell you? Reply Notify me 1 Helpful.
Pepper& Lonely Hearts Club Band. The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper& Lonely Hearts Club Band (1967).
Then, ‘Lonely Hearts Club’, that’s a good one. There’s lot of those about, the equivalent of a dating agency now. I just strung those together rather in the way that you might string together Dr Hook and the Medicine Show. All that culture of the sixties going back to those travelling medicine men, Gypsies, it echoed back to the previous century really. I just fantasised, well, ‘Sergeant Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band’. That’d be crazy enough because why would a Lonely Hearts Club have a band? If it had been Sergeant Pepper’s British Legion Band, that’s more understandable
Released on 1st June, 1967, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, the band's eighth album became the soundtrack to the "summer of love" but its appeal is timeless. Work had begun on the recording in late 1966 and at one stage it was thought that both Penny Lane and Strawberry Fields Forever would also be included but when these were released as a single in February, that idea was abandoned. Revolver had only just been completed in time prior to the band flying off on yet another tour. Now that touring was behind them more time could be spent writing and recording.
Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band is the eighth studio album by English rock band The Beatles.
Get the Tempo of the tracks from Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (1967) by The Beatles. This album has an average beat per minute of 115 BPM (slowest/fastest tempos: 65/163 BPM). See its BPM profile at the bottom of the page. Tracklist Sgt. 1.
Not once does the diversity seem forced - the genius of the record is how the vaudevillian "When I'm 64" seems like a logical extension of "Within You Without You" and how it provides a gateway to the chiming guitars of "Lovely Rita. It's possible to argue that there are better Beatles albums, yet no album is as historically important as this. After Sgt. Pepper, there were no rules to follow - rock and pop bands could try anything, for better or worse. Ironically, few tried to achieve the sweeping, all-encompassing embrace of music as the Beatles did here.
The Sgt. Pepper album was recorded in a four-month span beginning in 1966. The advent of new studio techniques such as multitrack recording and pitch shifting (recording tracks at different speeds) as well as the band's increasingly diverse influences led to the LP's kaleidoscope of sound experiments (music hall, Western and Eastern classical, rock 'n' roll). The album, from the pop-art packaging to the gapless track sequencing, successfully put forth the idea that music and art were synonymous. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band The Beatles.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band/With A Little Help From My Friends||4:42|
|A1a||–The Bee Gees* / Paul Nicholas||Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band|
|A1b||–The Bee Gees* / Peter Frampton||With A Little Help From My Friends|
|A2||–Sandy Farina||Here Comes The Sun
Music By, Lyrics By – George Harrison
|A3||–Peter Frampton / The Bee Gees*||Getting Better||2:46|
|A4||–Dianne Steinberg / Stargard||Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds||3:41|
|A5||–The Bee Gees* / Dianne Steinberg / Paul Nicholas / Donald Pleasence / Stargard||I Wan't You (She's So Heavy)||6:31|
|B1||–Paul Nicholas / Peter Frampton / The Bee Gees*||Good Morning, Good Morning||1:58|
|B2||–The Bee Gees* / Jay MacIntosh / John Wheeler||She's Leaving Home
Vocals [Vocals For Special Effects] – The Bee Gees*
|B3||–Paul Nicholas / Dianne Steinberg||You Never Give Me Your Money||3:07|
|B4||–Robin Gibb||Oh! Darling||3:29|
|B5||–Steve Martin||Maxwell's Silver Hammer||4:00|
|Polythene Pam/She Came In Through The Bathroom Window/Nowhere Man/Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)||5:11|
|B6a||–The Bee Gees*||Polythene Pam|
|B6b||–Peter Frampton / The Bee Gees*||She Came In Through The Bathroom Window|
|B6c||–The Bee Gees*||Nowhere Man|
|B6d||–Peter Frampton / The Bee Gees*||Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)|
|C1||–Earth, Wind & Fire||Got To Get You Into My Life
Producer – Maurice White
|C2||–Sandy Farina||Strawberry Fields Forever||3:31|
|C3||–Frankie Howerd / Sandy Farina||When I'm Sixty-Four||2:40|
|C4||–Frankie Howerd||Mean Mr. Mustard||2:39|
|C5||–George Burns||Fixing A Hole||2:25|
|C6||–Alice Cooper / The Bee Gees*||Because||2:45|
|Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight||3:24|
|C7a||–Peter Frampton||Golden Slumbers|
|C7b||–The Bee Gees*||Carry That Weight|
Co-producer – George Martin, Jack Douglas
|D2||–Maurice Gibb / Peter Frampton / George Burns / The Bee Gees*||Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite||3:12|
|D3||–Peter Frampton||The Long And Winding Road||3:40|
|D4||–Barry Gibb / The Bee Gees*||A Day In The Life||5:11|
|D5||–Billy Preston||Get Back||2:56|
|D6||–The Cast Of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band||Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Finale)||2:13|
- Recorded At – Cherokee Studios
- Mixed At – Cherokee Studios
- Recorded At – Air Studios
- Recorded At – Abbey Road Studios
- Recorded At – Record Plant, N.Y.C.
- Recorded At – Northstar Studios, Boulder
- Mastered At – Kendun Recorders
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – RSO Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – RSO Records, Inc.
- Manufactured By – RSO Records, Inc.
- Marketed By – RSO Records, Inc.
- Distributed By – PolyGram Distribution Inc.
- Published By – Maclen Music, Inc.
- Published By – Ganga Publishing B.V.
- Pressed By – Keel Mfg. Corp.
- Arranged By – George Martin
- Art Direction – Glenn Ross
- Baritone Saxophone [Tower Of Power Horn Section] – Steve Doc Kupka*
- Bass – Clive Chapman*, David Hungate, Wilbur Bascomb
- Contractor [Music Contractors] – Frank DeCaro, Martyn Ford
- Design [Album Design] – Paul Gross , Tim Bryant
- Design [Logo Design] – Susan Herr, Tom Nikosey
- Drums – Bernard Purdie, David Dowell, Jeff Porcaro
- Engineer [Assistant] – Nigel Walker, Anthony D'Amico*
- Engineer [Recording] – Geoff Emerick
- Guitar – Freddie Tackett*, Jeff Beck, Larry Carlton, Peter Frampton, Ray Russell, Ricky Hitchcock, Robert Ahwai
- Harmonica – Tommy Reilly
- Keyboards – David Paich, George Martin, Max Middleton
- Leader [Orchestra] – Gavyn Wright, Harry Bluestone
- Mastered By – John Golden
- Music By, Lyrics By – Lennon-McCartney (tracks: A1a, A1b, A3 to D6)
- Percussion – Bernard Purdie, Ray Cooper, Victor Feldman
- Producer – George Martin (tracks: A to B6d, C2 to C7b, D2 to D6)
- Synthesizer – Max Middleton
- Synthesizer [Moog] – Francis Monkman
- Synthesizer [Tower Of Power Horn Section] – Lenny Pickett
- Tenor Saxophone [Tower Of Power Horn Section] – Emilio Castilio*, Lenny Pickett
- Trombone [Tower Of Power Horn Section] – Mick Gillette*
- Trumpet [Tower Of Power Horn Section] – Greg Adams, Mick Gillette*
Notes"kM" in runouts denotes a Keel Mfg. Corp. pressing.
Original Movie Soundtrack
Issued in gatefold cover with giant fold-out poster insert; both LPs have custom printed inner-sleeves with credits, etc.; comes with 2 commercial flyers.
Recorded and Mixed at Cherokee Studios, Los Angeles
Additional recording at Air Studios, London
EMI Studios, Abbey Road, London
Record Plant, New York
Northstar Studios, Boulder, Colorado
Mastered by John Golden at Kendun Recorders, Burbank, California
Distributed by PolyGram Distribution, Inc.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Runout A-side): RS-2-4100-AS - kM1 KENDUN-A JG
- Matrix / Runout (Runout D-side): RS-2-4100-DS - kM1 KENDUN-A JG
- Matrix / Runout (Runout B-side): RS-2-4100-BS - KM1 KENDUN-D
- Matrix / Runout (Runout C-side): RS-2-4100-CS - KM1 KENDUN-C
- Rights Society: BMI
|RS-2-4100||Various||Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (2xLP, Album, Kee)||RSO||RS-2-4100||US||1978|
|2658 128||Various||Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (2xLP, Album, Gat)||RSO||2658 128||Italy||1978|
|2479 214/215||Various||Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (2xLP, Album)||RSO||2479 214/215||Chile||1978|
|RS-2-4100||Various||Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (2xLP, Album, Gat)||RSO||RS-2-4100||US||1978|
|3524 207||Various||Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Cass, Album)||RSO||3524 207||Germany||1978|