Congas, Bongos – Ramon "Mongo" Santamaria. Drums – Bernard Purdie. Engineer – Fred Catero, Roy Segal. Percussion – Julito Collazo, Osualdo Martinez. Photography By – Columbia Records Photo Studio. Piano – Rodgers Grant. Producer – David Rubinson. Stone Soul (LP, Album).
By: Mongo Santamaria (1969, Jazz). Wrong audio? Try another! More albums from Mongo Santamaria
By now, Mongo Santamaria was basically tied to the formula of translating pop and soul hits of the day - "See Saw," "Love Child," "Little Green Apples" etc. - into his Latin soul jazz idiom, but he and his band perform with so much energy and pizzazz that the music seems anything but routine.
Speakers Corner Item No: 486937. So far so good: but the enthusiasm and joy with which the band performs is anything but ordinary.
Album by Mongo Santamaria. Son of a Preacher Man. was sampled in.
The Now Generation, 03:13.
Ramón "Mongo" Santamaría Rodríguez (April 7, 1917 – February 1, 2003) was a rumba quinto master and an Afro-Cuban Latin jazz percussionist. He was an integral figure in the fusion of Afro-Cuban rhythms with R&B and soul, paving the way for the boogaloo era of the late 1960s.
|A4||Where Are We|
|B1||Stoned Soul Picnic|
|B2||Who's Making Love|
|B3||The Now Generation|
|B4||Little Green Apples|
- Pressed By – Columbia Records Pressing Plant, Terre Haute
- Alto Saxophone – Sonny Fortune
- Arranged By – Marty Sheller (tracks: A1 to A3, A5, B1, B2, B4, B5), Rodgers Grant (tracks: A4), William Allen (tracks: B3)
- Baritone Saxophone – Art Kaplan*
- Bass – William Allen
- Congas, Bongos – Ramon "Mongo" Santamaria*
- Drums – Bernard Purdie
- Engineer – Fred Catero, Roy Segal
- Percussion [Latin] – Julito Collazo*, Osualdo Martinez*
- Photography By [Cover] – Columbia Records Photo Studio
- Piano – Rodgers Grant
- Producer – David Rubinson
- Tenor Saxophone – Hadley Caliman, Hubert Laws
- Timbales – Steve Berrios
- Trumpet – Louis Gasca*
NotesColumbia red 2-eye label.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A Label): XSM 139369
- Matrix / Runout (Side B Label): XSM 139370
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout stamped, except I T, 1 etched): 0 XSM139369-1B I T B1
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout etched, except I T, 4 etched): 0 XSM139370-1B I T C4
|CS 9780||Mongo Santamaria||Stone Soul (LP, Album, Promo)||Columbia||CS 9780||US||1969|
|CS 9780||Mongo Santamaria||Stone Soul (LP, Album)||Columbia||CS 9780||Canada||1969|
|S 63660||Mongo Santamaria||Stone Soul (LP, Album)||CBS||S 63660||Netherlands||1969|
|CL-9410||Mongo Santamaria||Stone Soul (LP, Album, Mono)||CBS Columbia||CL-9410||Venezuela||Unknown|
|CS 9780||Mongo Santamaria||Stone Soul (LP, Album, Pit)||Columbia||CS 9780||US||1969|