Dinner At The Ritz (LP, Album). 6360 136 A. City Boy. Dinner At The Ritz (LP, Album). Dinner At The Ritz (CD, Album, RE, RM). Air Mail Archive, Vertigo.
Both City Boy and Dinner at the Ritz are from 1976 and are the band's first two releases. As wild sounding as Lol Mason is, his energetic vocal style rescues this British, six-member band from the undercurrent of average-sounding art rock and brings it up a couple of notches. Momma's Boy" and "Dinner at the Ritz" explode with waves of musical bombast and fill both ears with a multitude of sound
Do you think that we could risk an evening at the Ritz! Another shabby hotel room would really blitz my ego Why must we meet like this! Sharing illicit kisses You turn a blind eye to the fact that your leaving my heart in pieces. Dinner at the Ritz, I'd be pleased to make an appointment I'll be at your door an hour before we arranged. Dinner At The Ritz" Track Info. Dinner at the Ritz City Boy.
City Boy. Momma's Boy, 03:46. Moonlight) Shake My Head and Leave, 04:25. Deadly Delicious, 04:38. Walk on the Water, 03:44. Surgery Hours (Doctor Doctor), 03:03. Sunset Boulevard, 06:15. Dinner at the Ritz, 06:43. Goodbye Blue Monday, 05:03. Oddball Dance, 05:00.
Nom du groupe City Boy. Nom de l'album Dinner at the Ritz. Date de parution 1976. Labels Vertigo Records. Style MusicalHard Rock. Membres possèdant cet album0. Re-Issue in 2008 by Renaissance Records. 1. Momma's Boy. 2. Walk on the Water. 4. Dinner at the Ritz. 5. Goodbye Blue Monday. 7. State Secrets (a Thriller). En savoir plus. Autres productions de City Boy. Anthology.
Experimenting with their already mosaic sound, City Boy's second album, Dinner at the Ritz, relies heavily on guitars and harmonies, giving their songs a Yes or Queen quality. Their three-part "State Secrets - A Thriller" works quite well with the rest of the album's progressive, rock feel. Tracklist: 01. Momma's Boy 02. Walk On The Water 03. Narcissus 04. Dinner At The Ritz 05. Goodbye Blue Monday 06. The Violin 07. State Secrets - A Thriller I. State Secrets II. Heavy Breathing III.
Band: City Boy (UK) Album: Dinner At The Ritz Style: Soft Rock, AOR Year: 1977 Bitrate: CBR 320 kbs Archive: 100,64 Mb Tracklist: 01 - Momma's Boy. 02 - Walk. Thanks for album: Nightranger53. City Boy – Dinner At The Ritz (1977). City Boy : Dinner At The Ritz CD . 9$. City Boy – Dinner at the Ritz - Mercury 12" Vinyl LP - 1977 - NM 1. $. Dinner at the Ritz by City Boy (CD, 2008, Renaissance Records (USA)) 1.
City Boy were a moderately successful English rock band in the late 1970s, characterised by complex vocal arrangements and heavy guitars. The band consisted of Lol Mason (lead vocals), Steve Broughton (guitar, lead vocals), Max Thomas (keyboards, guitar), Chris Dunn (bass), Roger Kent (drums), Mike Slamer (guitar), and later, Roy Ward (drums, vocals). Their most popular songs were ". and "The Day the Earth Caught Fire".
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1-1||(Moonlight) Shake My Head And Leave||4:26|
|1-3||Surgery Hours (Doctor, Doctor)||3:04|
|1-6||5000 Years / Don't Know Can't Tell||8:40|
|1-7||The Hap-Ki-Do Kid
Engineer – Steve BrownVocals – Steve Brown
|1-8||The Greatest Story Ever Told||4:46|
|Dinner At The Ritz|
|2-2||Walk On The Water||3:44|
|2-4||Dinner At The Ritz||6:43|
|2-5||Goodbye Blue Monday||5:02|
Acoustic Guitar – Chris DunnArranged By [Strings] – Fiachra TrenchBass – R.J. Lange*Fiddle – Jack Holstein*Guitar [Pedal Steel] – B.J. Cole*Piano – Fiachra Trench
- Bass – Chris Dunn (tracks: 2-1 to 2-7)
- Drums, Percussion – Roger Kent (Barley)* (tracks: 1-1 to 1-9), Roger Kent (tracks: 2-1 to 2-7)
- Engineer – dB Charles* (tracks: 2-1 to 2-7), Mick Glossop (tracks: 1.01 to 1.06, 1.08, 1.09), Robert John Lange (tracks: 2-1 to 2-7)
- Guitar [Electric] – Mike Slamer (tracks: 2-1 to 2-7)
- Lead Vocals, Backing Vocals – Lol Mason (tracks: 2-1 to 2-7)
- Lead Vocals, Backing Vocals, Harp [Auto] – Steve Broughton (tracks: 2-1 to 2-7)
- Lead Vocals, Guitar [2nd Rhytm], Acoustic Guitar [12-strings], Mandolin – Steve Broughton (tracks: 1.01 to 1.09)
- Lead Vocals, Percussion – Lol Mason (The Colonell)* (tracks: 1-1 to 1-9)
- Mastered By – Gilbert Kong (tracks: 2-1 to 2-7)
- Mixed By [Mixing Engineer] – Peter Kelsey (tracks: 2-1 to 2-7)
- Producer – Robert John Lange (tracks: 1.01 to 1.09), Mutt Lange* (tracks: 2-1 to 2-7)
- Vocals, Bass, Acoustic Guitar – Chris Dunn (tracks: 1.01 to 1.09)
- Vocals, Guitar [1st Rhythm], Percussion – Mike Slamer (The Duke)* (tracks: 1-1 to 1-9)
- Vocals, Keyboards – Max Thomas (tracks: 2-1 to 2-7)
- Vocals, Keyboards, Acoustic Guitar [12-strings], Percussion – Max Thomas (tracks: 1.01 to 1.09)
- Written-By – Dunn* (tracks: 1-4, 1-5), Mason*, Thomas* (tracks: 1-1, 1-4, 1-5, 1-7, 2-1 to 2-5), Slamer* (tracks: 1-2, 1-3, 1-4, 1-5, 2-2, 2-5, 2-7), Broughton* (tracks: 1-1, 1-3, 1-5, 1-6, 1-8, 1-9, 2-1, 2-6, 2-7)
NotesBarcode: 6 3042 80216 2 4.
Disc 1: Category: RMED00216-A, "City Boy" was original released in 1976.
Disc 2: Category: RMED00216-B, "Dinner At The Ritz" was released in 1977.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 6 3042-80216-2 4
|CDLEMD 223||City Boy||City Boy / Dinner At The Ritz (2xCD, Comp, RE, RM)||Lemon Recordings||CDLEMD 223||Europe||2015|