His 'n' Hers is a 1994 album by Pulp and is commonly cited as the band's breakthrough album. In 1998, Q magazine readers voted it the 70th greatest album of all time. It contained a second disc of B-sides, demos and rarities.
Pulp's next major release was Freaks (1987), an album recorded in one week due to record label pressure. The release of Freaks ended up being delayed for a year, and the record was not well received. On 11 September 2006 the band re-released three of their albums (His 'n' Hers, Different Class, and This Is Hardcore), each with a bonus disc of B-sides, demos and rarities. On 23 October 2006 a 2-CD set compiling all of Pulp's John Peel Sessions from 1982 to 2001 was released.
His 'n' Hers is the fourth studio album by Pulp and is commonly cited as the band's breakthrough album, reaching number 9 in the UK charts. It was nominated for the 1994 Mercury Music Prize, but lost out to Elegant Slumming by M People. In 1998, Q magazine readers voted it the 70th greatest album of all time, while the Virgin All-Time Top 1000 Albums placed it 110th.
Pulp – His 'N' Hers. Label: Island Records – CID 8025, Island Records – 524 005-2. Country: UK & Europe. Painting – Philip Castle. Photography By – Kevin Westerberg. Producer – Ed Buller.
Performer: Pulp Album: His 'n' Hers Label: Island Records. His 'n' Hers is the fourth studio album by Pulp and is commonly cited as the band's breakthrough album, reaching number 9 in the UK charts.
Published on. April 18, 2019. Forget that His ’N’ Hers was released a week before Parklife, or that Oasis had started to go ‘Supersonic’ with their debut single; Pulp might have been lumped in with that lot, but as Jarvis Cocker and co would celebrate in a later song, they were misfits, and His ’N’ Hers, their fourth album, offered an unsparing glimpse at the British class system. that birthed (and rejected) them.
Pulp : His 'n' Hers,album, chronique, tracklist, mp3, paroles. 7. Your Sister's Clothes. 11. You're a Nightmare (BBC John Peel Session). 13. Deep Fried in Kelvin.
|4||Have You Seen Her Lately?||4:11|
|6||She's A Lady||5:49|
|8||Do You Remember The First Time?||4:22|
|10||Someone Like The Moon||4:18|
|11||David's Last Summer||7:01|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Island Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Island Records Ltd.
- Artwork [Matching Accessories] – The Designers Republic
- Artwork [Pulp Portrait From An Original Photograph By Kevin Westerberg] – Philip Castel
- Bass [Fender Jazz Bass] – Steve Mackey
- Drums, Percussion, Cymbal [Treated], Timpani, Performer [Fire Extinguisher] – Nick Banks
- Guitar [Fender Stratocaster], Violin, Bass [Bowed] – Russell Senior
- Music By – Pulp
- Organ [Farfisa Compact Professional ❘❘], Synthesizer [Stylophone 350 S & Korg Trident ❘❘], Clavinet [Hohner], Piano [Steinway Grand Piano], Electric Piano [Wurlitzer & Fender Rhodes] – Candida Doyle
- Photography By [Original Photograph] – Kevin Westerberg*
- Producer – Ed Buller
- Vocals, Guitar [Vocal Marauder Guitar], Piano [School Piano], Synthesizer [Ems Synthi A], Lyrics By – Jarvis Cocker
Notes℗ 1994 except track 2 ℗ 1993 & track 5 ℗ 1992 Island Records Ltd.
© 1994 Island Records Ltd.
Disc has PROMO ONLY NOT FOR SALE printed to the left of the Island Logo & above the catalogue number plus a circular mono sticker on the libretto with the same text
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 7 31452 40052 9
- Price Code: PY 900
- Label Code: LC 0407
- Rights Society: BIEM / STEMRA
|CID 8025, 524 005-2||Pulp||His 'N' Hers (CD, Album)||Island Records, Island Records||CID 8025, 524 005-2||Europe||1994|
|524005-4||Pulp||His 'N' Hers (Cass, Album, Unofficial)||PolyGram||524005-4||Russia||Unknown|
|CID 8025, 524 005-2||Pulp||His 'N' Hers (CD, Album, RE, RP)||Island Records, Island Records||CID 8025, 524 005-2||Europe||Unknown|
|260 013-6, 981 429-3||Pulp||His 'N' Hers (CD, Album)||Universal Music Russia, Island Records Ltd.||260 013-6, 981 429-3||Russia||Unknown|
|314-524 006-2||Pulp||His 'N' Hers (CD, Album)||Island Records||314-524 006-2||US||1994|