The Karelian Isthmus is the title of the third releasefirst full-length studio LP album of Finnish metal band Amorphis, released in 1992. Although The Karelian Isthmus took its name from a historic Finnish battleground, Karelian Isthmus, its lyrics focus on Amorphis's well known epic themes from the history of Finnish warfare and religion, but drawing more from Celtic mythology rather than the later traditions of Amorphis's own native land.
Amorphis - The Karelian Isthmus (1992). Update Required To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your Flash plugin.
AMORPHIS - The Karelian Isthmus (Full Album Stream) 44:14. Amorphis - Intro: Karelia, The Gathering 5:02. Amorphis - Privilege of Evil 3:55. Amorphis - Excursing from Existence 3:13. Amorphis - The Pilgrimage 4:40. AMORPHIS - The Karelian Isthmus - Track - Exile Of The Sons Of Uisliu 3:49. Amorphis - Black Embrace 3:30. Amorphis - Karelia, The Gathering 4:59.
Amorphis - The Karelian Isthmus (1992) Album Photo by Kahuna. Amorphis 앨범 중 유일하게 좋다. 그냥 좋은 게 아니고 무지무지하게 좋은 앨범. 30 Amorphis Album Photos.
The Karelian Isthmus is one of the best early-'90s European death metal debuts. Amorphis previously issued some demos that were eventually combined into Privilege of Evil, but this 1992 release is the band's first fully conceived effort. What is most impressive is the high dynamic standard that the group establishes so early in its recording career. This is due mainly to the group's heavy and quite original riffs. Black Embrace" and "The Lost Name of God" feature some of the most effective and yet surprisingly simple guitar signatures imaginable.
The Karelian Isthmus. By: Amorphis (1992, Rock). 3. Grail’s Mysteries. 6. Exile Of The Sons Of Uisliu. 7. The Lost Name Of God.
|A6||Exile Of The Sons Of Uisliu|
|B1||The Lost Name Of God|
|B4||Sign From The North Side|
- Recorded At – Sunlight Studios
- Mixed At – Sunlight Studios
- Licensed From – Relapse Records
- Distributed By – SPV GmbH – SPV 08-140234
- Pressed By – Gramofonové Závody – MZE 0075
- Pressed By – Gramofonové Závody – MZE 0076
- Bass – Olli-Pekka Laine
- Cover – Miran Kim
- Drums, Keyboards – Jan Rechberger
- Engineer – Amorphis, Tomas Skogsberg
- Executive-Producer – William J. Yurkiewicz Jr.*, Matthew F. Jacobson
- Guitar, Acoustic Guitar [Twelve String Acoustic Guitar] – Esa Holopainen
- Mastered By – Dave Shirk
- Producer – Amorphis, Tomas Skogsberg
- Vocals, Guitar, Acoustic Guitar [Six String Acoustic Guitar] – Tomi Koivusaari
NotesRecorded and mixed at Sunlight Studios, May '92.
℗ & © 1993
Limited edition of 3500 copies on green vinyl.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 7 27361 60451 6
- Barcode (String): 727361604516
- Matrix / Runout (Side A stamped - Variant 1): MZE 0075/A 4
- Matrix / Runout (Side A stamped - Variant 2): MZE 0075/A 5
- Matrix / Runout (Side B stamped - Variant 1): MZE 0076/B 4
- Matrix / Runout (Side B stamped - Variant 2): MZE 0076/B 3
- Label Code: LC 7027
- Rights Society: GEMA
|RED 6045-2||Amorphis||The Karelian Isthmus (CD, Album)||Relapse Records||RED 6045-2||US||1992|
|RR7413||Amorphis||The Karelian Isthmus (LP, Album, Ltd, RE, Met)||Relapse Records||RR7413||US||2018|
|RT-00086||Amorphis||The Karelian Isthmus (Cass, Album, Unofficial)||RT Records||RT-00086||Lithuania||1996|
|VICP-5567||Amorphis||The Karelian Isthmus (CD, Album)||Victor||VICP-5567||Japan||1995|
|NB 072 CD||Amorphis||The Karelian Isthmus (CD, Album, Promo)||Nuclear Blast||NB 072 CD||Germany||1993|