Batman is the eleventh studio album by American recording artist Prince and the soundtrack album to the 1989 film Batman. It was released on June 20, 1989 by Warner Bros. stablemate, Prince's involvement in the soundtrack was designed to leverage the media company's contract-bound talent as well as fulfill the artist's need for a commercial revival. The result was yet another multi-platinum successful cross-media enterprise by Warner Bros. in the vein of Purple Rain
Soundtrack of the movie "Batman" directed by Tim Burton (1989). com/artist/Danny+Elfman" Danny Elfman
Batman™ (Motion Picture Soundtrack). By: Prince (1989, Electronic). Wrong audio? Try another! More albums from Prince
Prince's companion piece to Danny Elfman's rather staid score set the precedent for many of the Batman films to release both a score and soundtrack, the latter featuring music crafted by some of the hottest artists of the day. As can be expected given the man behind the music, the Batman Motion Picture Soundtrack pretty much sounds like a Prince album from the period.
On this day in music history: June 20, 1989 - Batman (Motion Picture Soundtrack), the eleventh album by Prince is released. Produced by Prince, it is recorded at Paisley Park Studios in Chanhassen, MN from June, October, December 1988 and February - March 1989. In December of 1988, Prince receives a call from director Tim Burton from the set of Batman. The director tells him that he is using 1999 and Baby I’m A Star as temporary tracks in a rough cut of the film. Burton asks if he would consider contributing some new music
While Hans Zimmer's music for Christopher Nolan's Batman movies aren't as high-concept as some of his other scores, such as Inception or Gladiator, they're just as artfully done, and The Dark Knight Rises is no exception
Records - WX 281. Prince (Artist) Format: Vinyl. Prince - Batman(TM) (Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Warner Bros. Records - 9 25936-1, Warner Bros. Records - WX 281. Prince.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Mixed By – Chris Lord-Alge
|A3||The Arms Of Orion
Vocals, Composed By – Sheena Easton
Composed By – John L. Nelson
- Recorded At – Paisley Park Studios
- Mixed At – Paisley Park Studios
- Mixed At – The Grey Room
- Mastered At – Masterdisk
- Choir – Sounds Of Blackness
- Design – Tom Recchion
- Executive-Producer – Jon Peters , Peter Guber
- Featuring [Special Guest Presence] – Anna Fantastic (tracks: A4), Femi Jiya (tracks: A4), Jack Nicholson (tracks: A1, A4, A5, B4), Kim Basinger (tracks: A1, A4, A5, B4), Matthew Larson (tracks: B4), Michael Keaton (tracks: A1, A4, A5, B4), Sheena Easton (tracks: A3)
- Horns – Atlanta Bliss, Eric Leeds
- Illustration [Logo Illustration] – Anton Furst
- Mastered By – Femi Jiya, Howie Weinberg
- Orchestra – The Clare Fischer Orchestra
- Other [Executive In Charge Of Album Production] – Gary LeMel
- Photography By [Prince] – Jeff Katz
- Producer, Arranged By, Composed By, Performer – Prince
- Recorded By [Assistant], Mixed By [Assistant] – Chuck Zwicky, David Friedlander*, Eddie Miller, Heidi Hanschu
- Recorded By, Mixed By – Femi Jiya, Prince
- Supervised By [Music Supervisor] – Michael Dilbeck
NotesSoundtrack of the movie "Batman" directed by Tim Burton . A counterpart Batman score was also composed by Danny Elfman.
All choir, horn and orchestra parts were sampled and re-arranged by Prince.
Special guest presence (samples from the movie 'Batman') by: Jack Nicholson (The Joker), Michael Keaton (Batman) and Kim Basinger (Vicky Vale) on 'The Future', 'Vicki Waiting', 'Partyman' and 'Batdance'. The uncredited voice of Robert Wuhl (Alexander Knox) can be heard on 'Trust'.
Recorded & mixed at Paisley Park Studios.
'Electric Chair' mixed at the Grey Room.
Mastered at Masterdisk, New York.
Sheena Easton appears courtesy of MCA Records, Inc.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 7599-25936-4 9
|9 25936-1, 1-25936||Prince||Batman™ Motion Picture Soundtrack (LP, Album)||Warner Bros. Records, Warner Bros. Records||9 25936-1, 1-25936||US||1989|
|92 59364||Prince||Batman (Motion Picture Soundtrack) (Cass, Album, Dol)||Warner Bros. Records||92 59364||Canada||1989|
|W2 25936||Prince||Batman™ (Motion Picture Soundtrack) (CD, Album, Club)||Warner Bros. Records||W2 25936||Canada||1989|
|92 59361||Prince||Batman (Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP, Album)||Warner Bros. Records||92 59361||Canada||1989|
|W1 25936||Prince||Batman - Motion Picture Soundtrack (LP, Club, Col)||Warner Bros. Records||W1 25936||US||1989|