Artwork, Design – Cathy Fishman. Mixed By, Mastered By – John Butcher. Performer – Akio Suzuki. Recorded By – Chihei Hatakeyama (tracks: 6), Ruari Cormack (tracks: 1 to 5). Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone – John Butcher. Tracks 1 to 5 reocrded on Arika "Resonant Spaces" Tour, Scotland & Orkney, June 2006.
John Butcher (born 1954 in Brighton, England) is an English tenor and soprano saxophone player who has lived in London since the late 1970s. He was originally a physicist. He began playing at the University of Surrey where he was studying physics. He received his PhD in theoretical physics with his thesis published as Spin effects in the production and weak decay of heavy Quarks. 2017 Immediate Landscapes with Akio Suzuki. 2017 Light never bright enough with Keiji Haino. 2019 At The Hill Of James Magee with Joe McPhee. The Attic, September 2, 2016 - Conversations - John Butcher and Matthew Shipp, By Bogdan Scoromide, Riccarda Kato, Victor Stutz.
Immediate Landscapes by Akio Suzuki & John Butcher, released 03 October 2018 1. .Got it. + add. album. Immediate Landscapes presents five pieces from the 2006 tour by Butcher and Suzuki together, as well as a piece from the 2015 Ftarri Festival in Tokyo. Each of the tour pieces is a kind of complex sonic diagramming, the musicians interacting at once with the shifting possibilities of each site as well as one another’s materials.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Ftarri
- Copyright (c) – Ftarri
- Recorded At – SuperDeluxe
- Artwork, Design – Cathy Fishman
- Mixed By, Mastered By – John Butcher
- Performer [Pebbles, Glass Plate, Sponge, Pocket Bottle, Voice Analapos, Brass Plate, Cardboard Box, Wood Screws, Bamboo Stick, Metal Plate, Noise Whistle, Swizzle Sticks] – Akio Suzuki
- Recorded By – Chihei Hatakeyama (tracks: 6), Ruari Cormack (tracks: 1 to 5)
- Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone – John Butcher
NotesTracks 1 to 5 reocrded on Arika "Resonant Spaces" Tour, Scotland & Orkney, June 2006. Track 6 recorded at Ftarri Festival, SuperDeluxe, Roppongi, Tokyo in November 2015.
Thanks to Hiromi Miyakita, Keiko Yoshida, Hisashi Terauchi, Barry Esson, Byrony McIntyre, SuperDeluxe.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 4 589740 822029
- Matrix / Runout: ftarri-987 1D49600018
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI TBE32
- Mould SID Code: IFPI LT029