While some of her labelmates at Malaco (including Johnnie Taylor and Latimore) have continued to record the type of straight-up soul music they embraced in the 1970s, Shirley Brown's Malaco CDs of the late '80s and '90s have found her trying to balance soul and urban contemporary considerations, with mixed results. Decent but uneven, the singer's Malaco releases have fallen short of the excellence of her classic Stax recordings
Fire and Ice may refer to: "Fire and Ice" (poem), a 1920 poem by Robert Frost. Fire and Ice (Jensen novel), novel by Johannes V. Jensen. Fire and Ice (Warriors), a 2003 novel in the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Fire & Ice (manga), by Yasuda Tsuyoshi. Fire and Ice, a 1976 biography of Revlon founder Charles Revson by Andrew Tobias. Fire and Ice: The Korean War, 1950–1953, a 2000 book by Michael J. Varhola.
Artist: Shirley Brown Title Of Album: Fire & Ice Year Of Release: 1989 Label: Malaco Records: MAL 7451CD Genre: Soul, R&B Quality: FLAC (tracks+. Tracklist: 01. What Cha Gonna Do When The Money Runs Out (4:24) 02.
Album Info (This Release). Release date label labelcode medium genre submit corrections.
Shirley Brown - Fire & Ice Scans booklet . pg booklet 2-. pg c. pg back. jpg booklet . pg 08 - Sowed To The Wind. flac 10 - Anticipation. Shriley Brown - Fire & Ic. og. ue. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50. Downloads.
Fire And Ice. Everyday is like a set up race And the world is still a lonely place To be or not to be is this the final quiz. A flash in the pan goodbye Still shooting for the open sky Between the devil and the deep blue sea I cannot find a compromise. It's still just treason They bring me down with their lies Don't know the reason My life is fire and ice. Tomorrow will be different All you need is just come confidence I dream of being a warrior So far beyond. It breaks my heart Our time has passed by telling lies I fall apart Like broken glass on shattered ice. We gave up our love within To keep ourselves from giving in I know my world will always turn When you burn, you'll live and learn. Like an intruder in your arms I never meant to do you harm I know my song, it will remain All the same, I feel the pain.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||What 'Cha Gonna' Do When The Money Runs Out
Written-By – N. Trevisick*, R. Vertelney*
|A2||Ain't Nothin' Like The Lovin' We Got
Vocals – Bobby WomackWritten-By – B. Osborne*, B. Lee Eager*
|A3||Tell Me Something Good
Arranged By – Earl Peaks*Written-By – S. Wonder*
Written-By – H. Banks*, L. Snell*, W. Stewart*
|A5||King Size Love
Written-By – H. Redmon*, M. Bynum*, M. Beard*
|B1||If This Is Goodbye
Written-By – S. Brown*, W. Stewart*
|B2||Take Me To Your Heart
Written-By – S. Brown*, W. Stewart*
|B3||Sowed In The Wind
Written-By – H. Banks*, L. Snell*
|B4||I Wonder Where The Love Has Gone
Written-By – G. Jackson*
Written-By – Barkays*
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Malaco, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Malaco, Inc.
- Produced For – Black Diamond Productions, Inc.
- Recorded At – Black Diamond Studios
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Malaco Records
- Copyright (c) – Malaco Records
- Manufactured By – Malaco Records & Tapes
- Distributed By – Malaco Records & Tapes
- Backing Vocals – Bertram Brown , Deborah Hall*, Kim Fleming, Larry Dodson, Shirley Brown, Vicki Hampton, W.C. Brown, III*
- Drums – Steve Potts (tracks: B4)
- Engineer – Bobby Manuel, William C. "Fox" Brown, III*
- Grand Piano – Lester Snell, Marvell Thomas
- Guitar – Thomas Bingham
- Horns – Andrew Love, Jim Spake
- Producer – Jim Stewart, Shirley Brown, Winston Stewart
- Programmed By – Lester Snell (tracks: B3), Winston Stewart
Notes℗© Malaco, Inc. on label.
℗© Malaco Records 1989. on sleeve.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 4802174511
- Matrix / Runout (Label A): MAL 7451 A
- Matrix / Runout (Label B): MAL 7451 B
- Matrix / Runout (Runout A, etched): MAL-7451-A-GIA cG1 B3 LPMP>
- Matrix / Runout (Runout B, etched): MAL-7451 B-GIA cG1 B2 LPMP>
|MAL 7451 CD||Shirley Brown||Fire & Ice (CD, Album)||Malaco Records||MAL 7451 CD||US||1989|
|CDSOL-5410||Shirley Brown||Fire & Ice (CD, Album, Ltd, RE, RM)||Solid Records||CDSOL-5410||Japan||2014|
|VICP-20||Shirley Brown||Fire & Ice (CD, Album)||Victor Musical Industries, Inc.||VICP-20||Japan||1989|