Loud, Fast Ramones: Their Toughest Hits is a compilation of Ramones songs. Curated by Johnny Ramone, the initial 50,000 copies of the album include the 8-song bonus disc Ramones Smash You: Live ’85. The bonus disc features previously unreleased live recordings made on February 25, 1985 at the Lyceum Theatre in London. It is notable for being the only officially released live recording on CD to feature Richie Ramone on drums. All songs were written by the Ramones except where indicated.
Yes, the Ramones were one of the greatest, best bands of their time, but the single-disc 2002 Rhino compilation Loud, Fast Ramones: Their Toughest Hits is not the place to become acquainted with their legacy. The problem is that it's neither a concise, combustible recounting of their late-'70s heyday, nor is it a good single-disc capsulation of their big tunes from "Blitzkrieg Bop" to "I Don't Wanna Grow Up," or at least "Pet Semetary.
This is a pretty good Ramones collection. It would be a good starting point for someone whos never heard the Ramones before. Loud, Fast Ramones: Their Toughest Hits ktownsxfinest Songs such as "Hey, Ho, Let's Go!", "I Wanna Be Sedated", and "Judy Is A Punk. Aug 10, 2006 08:22 am Aug 10, 2006 08:22 am. 0. Well the Ramones Toughist Hits obviously takes hit songs from every album they produced. Songs such as "Hey, Ho, Let's Go!", "I Wanna Be Sedated", and "Judy Is A Punk.
The first time I saw the Ramones was at a rehearsal studio in NYC, opening for the Fast. Nobody had ever heard of them. They stepped on stage and started playing. This is by far the best compilation album the Ramones have to offer. This selection of songs reflects the hard punch they delivered for many years. Too bad they're gone. They were the first punk band and influenced many bands to follow.
3 Judy Is a Punk Ramones 가사 재생. 4 Gimme Gimme Shock. Ramones 가사 재생. 5 Commando Ramones 가사 재생. 6 Glad to See You Go Ramones 가사 재생. 7 Pinhead Ramones 가사 재생. 8 Rockaway Beach Ramones 가사 재생.
All the great songs and lyrics from the "Loud, Fast Ramones: Their Toughest Hits" album ont he Web's largest and most authoritative lyrics resource. The Ramones were an American rock band that formed in the New York City neighborhood of Forest Hills, Queens, in 1974. They are often cited as the first punk rock group. Despite achieving only limited commercial success, the band was a major influence on the punk rock movement in both the United S. ore .
Surviving compiler Johnny Ramone hammers together 30 loud, fast Dee Dee-heavy punk rockers culminating in the late bassist's little-known, late-career trio of champions, "Main Man," "Strength to Endure," and "The Crusher. The 18-minute bonus disc, from 1985's Too Tough to Die tour, crushes, too, as do David Fricke's blueprint liner notes, also truncated.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1.2||Beat On The Brat||2:31|
|1.3||Judy Is A Punk||1:31|
|1.4||Gimme Gimme Shock Treatment||1:40|
|1.6||Glad To See You Go||2:10|
|1.9||We're A Happy Family||2:39|
|1.10||Sheena Is A Punk Rocker||2:48|
|1.12||I Wanna Be Sedated||2:29|
|1.13||I'm Against It||2:06|
|1.14||I Wanted Everything||3:13|
|1.15||I Just Want To Have Something To Do||2:41|
|1.16||Rock 'N' Roll High School||2:17|
|1.17||Do You Remember Rock 'N' Roll Radio?
Handclaps – Harvey Kubernik*, Jeff Morrison, Maria Montoya, Phast Phreddie, Rodney BingenheimerPiano, Organ – Barry GoldbergProducer – Phil SpectorSaxophone – Steve DouglasVoice [Disk Jockey] – Sean Donahue
|1.18||The KKK Took My Baby Away
Backing Vocals – Ian Wilson , Ramones, Russell MaelKeyboards – Dick EmersonPercussion – Dave HasselProducer, Backing Vocals – Graham GouldmanWritten-By – Joey Ramone
|1.21||Highest Trails Above||2:09|
Written-By – T. Erdelyi*
|1.24||Somebody Put Something In My Drink
Producer – Jean BeauvoirWritten-By – Richie Ramone
|1.25||I Wanna Live
Producer – Ramones
|1.26||Garden Of Serenity
Producer – Ramones
|1.27||I Believe In Miracles
Producer – Bill Laswell
|1.29||Strength To Endure||2:59|
|Bonus Disc - Ramones Smash You! * Live '85|
|2.1||Do You Remember Rock 'N' Roll Radio?||3:16|
|2.3||Suzy Is A Headbanger||1:37|
|2.4||Too Tough To Die||2:09|
|2.7||Howling At The Moon (Sha-La-La)||2:57|
|2.8||I Don't Wanna Go Down To The Basement||1:50|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Radioactive Records, J.V.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Warner Strategic Marketing
- Manufactured By – Warner Music Canada Ltd
- Distributed By – Warner Music Canada Ltd
- Art Direction – Hugh Brown
- Art Direction, Design – Bryan Lasley
- Bass – C.J. Ramone (tracks: 1.28 to 1.30), Dee Dee Ramone (tracks: 1.1 to 1.27)
- Compilation Producer – Bill Inglot, Gary Stewart
- Compiled By – Johnny Ramone
- Cover [Cover / Back Inlay / Jacket] – George DuBose
- Drums – Marky Ramone (tracks: 1.12 to 1.21, 1.27 to 1.30), Richie Ramone (tracks: 1.22 to 1.26), Tommy Ramone (tracks: 1.1 to 1.11)
- Engineer – Ed Stasium (tracks: 1.12 to 1.16), Mick McKenna (tracks: 2.1 to 2.8), T. Erdelyi* (tracks: 1.12 to 1.15)
- Guitar – Johnny Ramone
- Lead Vocals – Joey Ramone
- Mixed By – Bill Inglot (tracks: 2.1 to 2.8), Brian Kehew (tracks: 2.1 to 2.8)
- Other [Discographical Annotation] – Steve Woolard
- Other [Editorial Supervision] – Sheryl Faber
- Other [Liner Notes] – David Fricke
- Other [Product Manager] – Marc Salata
- Other [Project Assistance] – Leigh Hall, Randy Perry
- Producer – Craig Leon (tracks: 1.1 to 1.3), Daniel Rey (tracks: 1.25, 1.26, 1.30), Ed Stasium (tracks: 1.12 to 1.16, 1.22, 1.23, 1.28, 1.29), Glen Kolotkin (tracks: 1.19 to 1.21), Ritchie Cordell (tracks: 1.19 to 1.21), T. Erdelyi* (tracks: 1.4 to 1.15, 1.22, 1.23), Tony Bongiovi (tracks: 1.4 to 1.11)
- Producer [Associate Producer] – T. Erdelyi* (tracks: 1.1 to 1.3)
- Remastered By – Bill Inglot, Dan Hersch
- Research [Photo Research] – Steven P. Gorman
- Written-By – Daniel Rey (tracks: 1.25 to 1.30), Dee Dee Ramone (tracks: 1.19 to 1.23, 1.25 to 1.30, 2.2, 2.4, 2.7), Johnny Ramone (tracks: 1.19, 1.22, 1.23, 2.2), Ramones (tracks: 1.1 to 1.17, 2.1, 2.3, 2.5, 2.6, 2.8)
Notes1.10, "Sheena Is A Punk Rocker", is the original ABC distributed single version.
1.19, "Psycho Therapy", is the Sire single version.
Disc two is a bonus disc titled: Ramones Smash You! * Live '85 and was recorded live at The Lyceum, London, February 25 1985.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 0 8122-76101-2 8
- Barcode (Scanned): 081227610128
|R2 76101||Ramones||Loud, Fast Ramones: Their Toughest Hits (CD, Comp, RM)||Rhino Entertainment Company||R2 76101||US||2002|
|8122-73642-2||Ramones||Loud, Fast Ramones: Their Toughest Hits (CD, Comp)||Rhino Entertainment Company||8122-73642-2||Europe||2002|
|WPCR-13014||Ramones||Loud, Fast Ramones: Their Toughest Hits (CD, Comp, RM)||Rhino Records , Sire, Warner Bros. Records||WPCR-13014||Japan||2006|
|WPCR-16057/8||Ramones||Loud, Fast Ramones: Their Toughest Hits (2xCD, Comp)||Rhino Records , Sire, Warner Bros. Records||WPCR-16057/8||Japan||2014|
|8122-76101-2||Ramones||Loud, Fast Ramones: Their Toughest Hits (2xCD, Comp, Ltd)||Rhino Entertainment Company||8122-76101-2||Europe||2002|