Flower was the album that saw Jody Watley return to a major record label after her entrepreneurial venture (on her Avitone label) with her previous "Affection" album. This album had the potential to become a HUGE hit domestically in America. Quite why Atlantic Records refused to release such a quality album in the US remains one of life's minor mysteries to this day. Flower showcased a more mature, reflective chanteuse. There are killer dance tracks that should appease her long time fans that came on board during her Shalamar days, and her early MCA period; there are also a few.
Jody Watley's popularity dipped drastically in the '90s, forcing her into the position of making her Atlantic debut, Flower, something of a comeback record. Watley decided to go all the way with the record, hiring an all-star cast of producers - Malik Pendleton (SWV, Mary J. Blige), Phil Galdston (Vanessa Williams), Masters at Work, Dwayne Wiggins (Tony! Toni! Tone!), Derrick Edmondson, Bryce Wilson (Groove Theory) - that help bring her sound into the mainstream of the late '90s . Only a handful of cuts, such as the Pendleton-produced single "Off the Hook," are actually strong, memorable songs, but that doesn't hurt the album considerably because the sound of the record is appealing on its own terms.
Greatest Hits is the first "greatest hits" collection from singer Jody Watley. Executive-produced by Watley, the album highlights her MCA years (1987–1994) and contains all of her well-known pop hits, among them "Looking for a New Love", "Real Love" and "Everything"; two of Watley's classics, "Don't You Want Me" and "Some Kind of Lover", were presented in their more familiar remixed forms.
Tracklist: 1. Lovin’ You So, 2. Flower, 3. Off The Hook, 4. Everything You Do, 5. Just One More Time, 6. If I’m Not In Love, 7. A Lifetime, 8. No More Tears To Cry, 9. You’ll Never Find A Love, 10. I Don’t Want You Back, 11. Baby Tonight, 12. 16, 13. Off The Hook (D-Dot Remix). More albums from Jody Watley: The Saturday Night Experience Volume 1 by Jody Watley. Jody Watley by Jody Watley. Intimacy by Jody Watley. The Makeover by Jody Watley. Larger Than Life by Jody Watley. You Wanna Dance With Me? by Jody Watley. Affairs Of The Heart by Jody Watley. Midnight Lounge by Jody Watley. View all albums . Flower.
Album · 1998 · 13 Songs. 20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best of Jody Watley.
Flower is the sixth album by American pop singer Jody Watley, released in 1998 and her first for Atlantic Records. Flower (Jody Watley album).
Mark de Clive-Lowe, Jody Watley. 2009 сингл The Remixes. Looking For A New Love.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Lovin' You So
Backing Vocals – Jody Watley, Rahsaan PattersonMusic By – The Music City BandProducer, Music By – Dwayne WigginsWritten-By – D. Wiggins*, R. Patterson*Written-By [Elements From "Pack'd My Bags"] – Chaka Khan, Tony Maiden
Backing Vocals – Jody WatleyMusic By – The Music City BandProducer, Music By, Backing Vocals – Dwayne WigginsWritten-By – D. Wiggins*, J. Watley*, M. Hailey*
|3||Off The Hook
Guitar – Ken LewisProducer, Instruments – Malik PendletonWritten-By – C. Lucas*, C. Pendleton*, D. Floyd*
|4||Everything You Do
Backing Vocals – LaTina Webb, Stephani Alexander*Guitar – Marlon Williams Producer, Backing Vocals – Jody WatleyProducer, Instruments – Derrick B.. Edmondson*Written-By – D. Edmondson*, J. Watley*
|5||Just One More Time
Producer [Assistance] – Felicia Michaels , Jack LeitenbergProducer, Keyboards, Percussion – Phil GaldstonWritten-By – A. Johnson Ross*, D. Ross III*
|6||If I'm Not In Love
Bass – Neil Steubenhaus*Drums – John Robinson Guitar – Michael ThompsonPiano – Greg PhillinganesProducer, Arranged By, Keyboards – Phil GaldstonWritten-By – D. Thomas*
Backing Vocals – Jody Watley, Lua Crofts, Naimeh HeathProducer, Keyboards, Drum Programming, Backing Vocals – Jamey JazWritten-By – J. Jaz*, R. Patterson*
|8||No More Tears To Cry
Backing Vocals – Cassandra Lucas, Jody WatleyGuitar – Arthur WhiteGuitar, Bass – Darryl BrownProducer, Drum Programming, Keyboards – Bryce WilsonWritten-By – B. Spalter*, R. Nevil*, S. Solomon*
|9||You'll Never Find A Love
Co-producer – Derrick Edmondson, Jody WatleyOrchestrated By – Rob MounseyPerformer [Sample From "You Are What I Am All About"] – New BirthProducer – Paul Antione*Written-By – H. Fuqua*, L. Wiggins*, P. Antione*, S. Cook*
|10||I Don't Want You Back
Backing Vocals – Audrey Wheeler, Cindy Mizelle, Jody Watley, Paulette McWilliamsBass – Gene PerezDrums – Vidal DavisKeyboards – Peter DaouProducer – Masters At WorkStrings – Judith Insell, Marlene Rice, Nioka Workman, Regina CarterTenor Saxophone – John ScarpullaTrombone – John WheelerTrumpet – Tony KadleckWritten-By – H. Berry*, J. Watley*, S. Feldschneider*
Backing Vocals – LaTina Webb, Stephani Alexander*Bass – Cornelius MimsGuitar – "Professor Funk"*Performer [Sample From MC Solaar "Les Boys Bandent"] – MC SolaarProducer, Backing Vocals – Jody WatleyProducer, Drum Programming, Keyboards – Derrick EdmondsonViola – Patrick MorganWritten-By – D. Edmondson*, J. Watley*, MC Solaar, Philippe Cerbonesci*
Music By – The Music City BandProducer, Music By – Dwayne WigginsWritten-By – D. Wiggins*, J. Watley*
|13||Off The Hook (D-Dot Remix)
Co-producer – Blake "Karrington" Smith*Featuring, Rap – RakimPerformer [Sample From "Davy DMX"] – Davy DMXProducer – Malik PendletonRemix – Blake Smith, Deric "D-Dot" AngelettieWritten-By – C. Lucas*, C. Pendleton*, D. Floyd*, D. Reed*
- Record Company – Time Warner
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Copyright (c) – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Made By – Warner Music Manufacturing Europe
- Mastered At – Sterling Sound
- Art Direction – Richard Bates
- Coordinator [Project] – Evan Sanchez
- Design – Allen Hori
- Edited By [Digital] – U.E. Nastasi* (tracks: 5)
- Engineer [Assistant] – Ann Minieli* (tracks: 8)
- Executive-Producer – Craig Kallman, Darren Higman, Jody Watley, Rich Christina
- Management [Management And Direction] – Divine Entertainment, Jody Watley
- Mastered By – Tom Coyne
- Mixed By – Angela Piva (tracks: 8), Booker T. Jones III (tracks: 4, 9, 11), Dave Darlington* (tracks: 10), Deric "D-Dot" Angelettie (tracks: 13), Joey Swails (tracks: 1, 2, 12), John Van Nest (tracks: 7), Ken Lewis (tracks: 3), Malik Pendleton (tracks: 3), Mick Guzauski (tracks: 5), Paul Logus (tracks: 13)
- Mixed By [Assistant] – Joe "Bledsoe" Brown* (tracks: 4, 11), Sam Curtis (tracks: 6), Tom Bender (tracks: 5)
- Other [Hair] – Ray Allington
- Other [Makeup] – Paul Starr
- Other [Styling] – Jody Watley, Kithe Brewster
- Photography By [Cover] – Norman Jean Roy
- Photography By [Fold-out] – Andrew MacPherson
- Product Manager – Latrice Shaw (tracks: 13)
- Recorded By – Angela Piva (tracks: 8), Booker T. Jones III (tracks: 8), Charles Brackins (tracks: 1, 2), Dave Darlington* (tracks: 10), Derrick B. Edmondson* (tracks: 4, 9, 11), Dom Maita* (tracks: 5, 6), James Ward (tracks: 12), Jamey Jaz (tracks: 7), Joe Perrera (tracks: 13), Joey Swails (tracks: 1, 2, 12), Jonnie Most (tracks: 8), Ken Lewis (tracks: 3), Mike Anzelowitz* (tracks: 13), Paul Antione* (tracks: 9), Rich Travali (tracks: 13)
- Recorded By [Assistant] – Ethan Schofer (tracks: 5), Ian Dalsemer (tracks: 5), Kris Sharma* (tracks: 6)
NotesIssued in a jewel case with clear tray and a 10-panel foldout insert.
Rahsaan Patterson appears courtesy of MCA Records, Inc.
Rakim appears courtesy of Universal Records
LaTina Webb appears courtesy of Soul Satellite Entertainment
Track 1 contains elements from "Pack'd My Bags" written by Chaka Khan and Tony Maiden, published by MCA Music Publishing, a Division of Universal Studios Inc. (ASCAP).
Track 9 contains a sample from "You Are What I Am All About" performed by New Birth under license from the RCA Records Label, A Unit of BMG Entertainment.
Track 11 contains a sample from MC Solaar "Les Boys Bandent" produced under license from Polygram/division Polydor France.
Track 13 contains a sample from "Davy DMX" performed by Davy DMX courtesy of Tuff City Records
Atlantic Recording Corporation. A Time Warner company.
℗© 1998 Atlantic Recording Corporation.
Made in Germany by Warner Music Manufacturing Europe
℗ 1998 Atlantic Recording Corporation.
Made in Germany.
© 1998 Atlantic Recording Corporation.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 075678308727
- Label Code: 0121
- Rights Society: GEMA/BIEM
- Price Code: EW 851
- Matrix / Runout: [Warner 'W' logo] 756783087-2 02/98
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L011
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 0574
|7567-83087-2||Jody Watley||Flower (CD, Album)||Atlantic, Divine Entertainment||7567-83087-2||Middle East||1998|
|83087-2P||Jody Watley||Flower (CD, Promo)||Atlantic||83087-2P||US||Unknown|
|CD 83087||Jody Watley||Flower (CD)||Atlantic||CD 83087||US||1998|
|CD 83087, CD 83037||Jody Watley||Flower (CD, Album)||Atlantic, Divine Entertainment||CD 83087, CD 83037||Canada||1998|
|7567-83087-2||Jody Watley = 茱蒂華特莉*||Jody Watley = 茱蒂華特莉* - Flower = 如花似玉 (CD, Album)||Atlantic||7567-83087-2||Taiwan||1998|