Raising Hell is the third album by hip hop group Run-D. released on May 15, 1986 by Profile Records. The album was produced by Russell Simmons and Rick Rubin. Raising Hell became the first Platinum and multi-Platinum rap album in the history of hip-hop. The album was first certified as Platinum on July 15, 1986, before it was certified as 3x Platinum by the RIAA on April 24, 1987.
Авторы текста и музыки. Darryl McDaniels, Jason Mizell, Rick Rubin, Joseph Simmons.
Опубликовано: 23 мар. 2016 г. classic album breakdown raising hell.
Kings from Queens from Queens come Kings We're raisin hell like a class when the lunchbell rings The king will be praised, and hell will be raised S-s-s-suckers try to faze him but D won't be fazed So what's your name? . The King is me! Your High-ness, or His Majesty!
But Run-DMC remains probably the most important group in rap history, and its albums deserve careful scrutiny, as historical documents and sometimes as more. The group's self-titled debut album, released in 1984, remains its most powerful and immediate studio record, the LP that forever tore rap away from disco and made it its own thing.
Raising Hell is a showpiece for Run-DMC’s otherworldly rap skills: The rhymes flow fast and furious, starting with scratch-propelled opener Peter Piper. When they pose the question, How devastating can an MC be? the answer is as obvious as Jam Master Jay’s sharp DJ cuts.
Текст песни Run-DMC - Raising Hell. Kings from Queens from Queens come Kings We're raisin' hell like a class when the lunchbell rings The king will be praised and hell will be raised S s s something tryin' to faze ya but you won't be fazed. So what's your name DMC the king is me Your Highness or His Majesty Now you can debate ci ci ci concentrate But you can't imitate DMC the Great!
By their third album, Run-D. were primed for a breakthrough into the mainstream, but nobody was prepared for a blockbuster on the level of Raising Hell. and King of Rock had established the crew's fusion of hip-hop and hard rock, but that sound didn't blossom until Raising Hell, partially due to the presence of Rick Rubin as producer.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|4||Walk This Way
Guitar – Joe PerryVocals – Steve Tyler*Written-By – J. Perry*, S. Tyler*
|5||Is It Live
Drum Programming – Sam SeverWritten-By – S. Sever*
|7||Hit It Run||3:11|
Bass – Daniel ShulmanGuitar – Rick Rubin
|9||You Be Illin'
Written-By – R. White*
Written-By – R. Simmons*
|11||Son Of Byford||0:27|
|12||Proud To Be Black
Written-By – A. Brown*, D. Simmons*
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Profile Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Profile Records, Inc.
- Recorded At – Chung King Studios
- Recorded At – Shakedown Sound Studios
- Mastered At – Masterdisk
- Published By – Warner/Chappell Music Ltd.
- Published By – Protoons Music Ltd.
- Published By – Daksel Music Corp.
- Pressed By – Disctronics S
- Art Direction, Design – Janet Perr
- Co-producer – Jason Mizell, Joseph Simmons
- Engineer – Andy Wallace, Jay Burnett, Peter Millius, Steve Ett
- Instruments [All Other] – Run-D.M.C.*
- Keyboards – Jason Mizell
- Mastered By – Howie Weinberg
- Percussion – Jason Mizell
- Photography By – Caroline Greyshock
- Producer – Rick Rubin, Russell Simmons
- Written-By – D. McDaniels* (tracks: A1 to A3, A5 to B2, B4 to B6), J. Mizell* (tracks: A2, A5, B1, B3), J. Simmons* (tracks: A1 to A3, A5 to B5), R. Rubin* (tracks: A2, A3, A5, B2)
NotesPublished by Warner/Chappell Music Ltd. / Protoons Music Ltd.
Track 4 published by Daksel Music Corp.
℗ & © 1986 Profile Records, Inc.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 5018515021729
- Matrix / Runout: S FILECD 217 01 DISCTRONICS
|PRO-1217||Run DMC*||Raising Hell (LP, Album, Gre)||Profile Records||PRO-1217||US||1986|
|830 377-2||Run-DMC||Raising Hell (CD, Album)||Profile Records, London Records||830 377-2||Canada||1986|
|PRO-1217||RUN DMC*||Raising Hell (LP, Album, Pur)||Profile Records||PRO-1217||US||1986|
|PCT-1217||Run-DMC||Raising Hell (Cass, Album, RE, Pur)||Profile Records||PCT-1217||US||1986|
|P33L 20023||Run DMC*||Raising Hell (CD, Album)||London Records||P33L 20023||Japan||1986|