Porgy and Bess (CL 1274) is a studio album by jazz musician Miles Davis, released in March 1959 on Columbia Records. The album features arrangements by Davis and collaborator Gil Evans from George Gershwin's 1935 opera of the same name. The album was recorded in four sessions on July 22, July 29, August 4, and August 18, 1958, at Columbia's 30th Street Studio in New York City.
Песни альбома Gershwin: Porgy & Bess ♫♫♫ слушайте онлайн. Скачивайте в формате MP3 на телефон Gershwin: Porgy & Bess лучшая музыка без регистрации только здесь. Sir Willard White/Cynthia Haymon/Harolyn Blackwell/London Philharmonic Orchestra/Sir Simon Rattle - Porgy and Bess, Act 2 Scene 4: "One of these mornings'" (Clara, Porgy, Bess, Chorus). Sir Willard White/Cynthia Haymon/Damon Evans/Bruce Hubbard/Cynthia Clarey/Marietta Simpson/Gregg Baker/Barrington Coleman/Johnny Worthy/Curtis Watson/Glyndebourne Chorus/London Philharmonic Orchestra/Sir Simon Rattle - Porgy and Bess, Act 1 Scene 1: "Six to make" (Sporting Life, Jake, Crown, Robbins, Bess, Mingo, Jim, Porgy, Maria, Serena, Chorus).
Found In: Scores . Gershwin, George. Gershwin, George, PORGY AND BESS - Score. Score: Cuts made by Andre Kostelanetz from measure 136 to measure 160; measure 374 to measure 391; measure 848 to measure 864.
Conductor Simon Rattle's recording of Porgy & Bess with the London Philharmonic, the Glyndebourne Chorus, and soloists including Willard White (Porgy), Cynthia Haymon (Bess), and Damon Evans (Sporting Life) is the best full-length, classically oriented version of George Gershwin's "American Folk Opera" yet put on disc. The work has seen many partial treatments, and recordings have been skewed to more of a theater music or jazz interpretation.
I-Catalogue NumberI-Cat. 1935 - New York: George Gershwin Music, 559 pages. Although purely instrumental selections and arrangements are permitted for this piece items containing any text by the author(s) listed below cannot be added to the main server until January 1, 2034.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Act, I, Scene I||38:11|
|A2||Act, I, Scene II||19:49|
|B1||Act II, Scene I||33:42|
|B2||Act II Scene 2 (Continued); Act II, Scene 3||38:16|
|C1||Act II, Scene 4; Act III, Scene I
Vocals [Solo Sextet] – Autris Paige, Camellia Johnson, Linda Thompson, Michael Forest, Paula Ingram, Raemond Martin
|C2||Act III, Scenes 2 and 3||32:32|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – EMI Records Ltd.
- Manufactured By – Angel Records
- Copyright (c) – Angel Records
- Copyright (c) – EMI Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Gershwin Publishing Corp.
- Copyright (c) – Chappell Music Ltd.
- Recorded At – No.1 Studio, Abbey Road, London
- Chorus – The Glyndebourne Chorus*
- Chorus Master – Craig Rutenberg
- Conductor – Simon Rattle*
- Cover [Box, Booklet], Photography – Guy Gravett
- Engineer [Balance Engineer] – Mark Vigars
- Libretto By – DuBose Heyward
- Liner Notes – Charles Strickland , Michael Stegemann, Robert Kimball
- Liner Notes [French Translation] – Florence Daguerre De Hureaux, Michel Roubinet
- Lyrics By – DuBose Heyward, Ira Gershwin
- Music By – George Gershwin
- Musical Assistance [To Simon Rattle] – James Holmes
- Orchestra – The London Philharmonic*
- Producer – David R. Murray
- Producer [Assistant Producer] – Tony Harrison
- Producer [Production Assistant] – Alison Fox
- Vocals [Annie] – Paula Ingram
- Vocals [Bess] – Cynthia Haymon
- Vocals [Clara] – Harolyn Blackwell
- Vocals [Coroner] – Billy J. Mitchell
- Vocals [Crown] – Gregg Baker
- Vocals [Detective] – Alan Tilvern
- Vocals [Frazier] – William Johnson
- Vocals [Jake] – Bruce Hubbard
- Vocals [Jasbo Brown] – Wayne Marshall
- Vocals [Jim] – Curtis Watson
- Vocals [Lily] – Maureen Brathwaite
- Vocals [Maria] – Marietta Simpson
- Vocals [Mingo] – Barrington Coleman
- Vocals [Mr. Archdale] – Ted Maynard
- Vocals [Nelson/crab Man] – Colenton Freeman
- Vocals [Peter, The Honey Man] – Mervin Wallace
- Vocals [Policeman] – Ron Travis
- Vocals [Porgy] – Willard White
- Vocals [Robbins] – Johnny Worth
- Vocals [Scipio] – Linda Thompson
- Vocals [Serena] – Cynthia Clarey
- Vocals [Sporting Life] – Damon Evans
- Vocals [Strawberry Woman] – Camellia Johnson
- Vocals [Undertaker] – Autris Paige
NotesBoxed set comes with a 132 page booklet with libretto and cue points.
Recorded: II.1988, No. 1 Studio, Abbey Road, London
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 077774956840
|3 LP 165, PORGY 1, 7 49568 1||Gershwin*||Porgy And Bess (3xLP + Box)||EMI, EMI, EMI, His Master's Voice||3 LP 165, PORGY 1, 7 49568 1||Germany||1989|
|7243 4 76832 2 0||Gershwin* / Simon Rattle*||Gershwin* / Simon Rattle* - Porgy And Bess (Box, Sli + 3xCD, Album, RE, RM)||EMI Classics||7243 4 76832 2 0||Europe||2005|
|0190295900649||Gershwin* / Simon Rattle*||Gershwin* / Simon Rattle* - Porgy And Bess (3xCD, Album, RE, RM)||Warner Classics||0190295900649||Europe||2017|
|TC PORGY 1, EX 7 49568 4||Gershwin*, Willard White, Cynthia Haymon, Damon Evans, The London Philharmonic*, Sir Simon Rattle||Gershwin*, Willard White, Cynthia Haymon, Damon Evans, The London Philharmonic*, Sir Simon Rattle - Porgy And Bess (3xCass, Album + Box)||His Master's Voice, His Master's Voice||TC PORGY 1, EX 7 49568 4||Europe||1989|
|7243 4 76836 2 6||Gershwin* / Simon Rattle*||Gershwin* / Simon Rattle* - Porgy And Bess (Box, Sli + 3xCD, Album, RE, RM)||EMI Classics||7243 4 76836 2 6||Europe||2005|