Expanding back out to a more all-over-the-place lineup - about 15 or so people this time out - Funkadelic got a bit more back on track with Standing on the Verge of Getting It On.
Track 9 originally released as Westbound W 224 in 1975 ( Funkadelic - Standing On The Verge Of Getting It On, Jimmy's Got A Little Bit Of Bitch In Him ). Produced for Westbound Records. Recorded at Manta Sound, Toronto; Hollywood Sound, Hollywood; Crystal Sound, Los Angeles and United Sound, Detroit.
Us is what time it is. People, what you doing Standing on the verge of getting it on Really getting it on. People, what you doing Standing on the verge of getting it on Really getting it o. Red Hot Mama Alice In My Fantasies I'll Stay Sexy Ways Standing On The Verge Of Getting It On Jimmy's Got A Little Bit Of Bitch In Him Good Thoughts, Bad Thoughts.
Standing on the Verge of Getting It On. Funkadelic. Standing on the Verge of Getting It On Tracklist. 1. Red Hot Mama Lyrics. More Funkadelic albums. First Ya Gotta Shake the Gate. Show all albums by Funkadelic. Standing on the Verge of Getting It On.
Tales Of Kidd Funkadelic by Funkadelic. One Nation Under A Groove by Funkadelic. Music With Funkadelic by Funkadelic. 5. 6. Jimmy’s Got A Little Bit Of Bitch In Him. 7. Good Thoughts, Bad Thoughts. More albums from Funkadelic: First Ya Gotta Shake The Gate by Funkadelic. Tales Of Kidd Funkadelic by Funkadelic.
Album · 1973 · 9 Songs. Funkadelic continued their mid-career brilliance with their sixth album, balancing the expansive jams of their early work with concise songwriting courtesy of Eddie Hazel and George Clinton. Two Parliament tunes get blown up with overdubs and ensemble casts: blistering funk-rock anthem "Red Hot Momma" and slow-burning torch song "I'll Stay.
Ramming funk beat in "Standing on the Verge of Getting It On" and a deviation from the norm in "Jimmy Got a Little Bitch in Him". Great perverted intros and the classic funkadelic atmospheric special effect like funktisms. This to me is the best Funkadelic album. Amazing guitar work sounds way ahead of its time (1974). You won't be disappointed at all! I own it on cd and vinyl. Great album, great reissue with outstanding sound and packaging.
FUNKADELIC - standing on the verge of getting it on. Terms of Service. Album: Standing On the Verge of Getting It On, 2005. Has been played on. United States 3. My70sRadio.
The final official Funkadelic album, The Electric Spanking of War Babies, was released in 1981. The release was originally a double-album project, but it was reduced to a single disc under pressure from Warner Brothers. Standing on the Verge of Getting It On (1974). Let's Take It to the Stage (1975). Tales of Kidd Funkadelic (1976).
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Red Hot Momma
Written-By – B. Worrel*, E. Hazle*
|A2||Alice In My Fantasies||2:27|
|B1||Standing On The Verge Of Getting It On||4:42|
|B2||Jimmy's Got A Little Bit Of Bitch In Him||2:30|
|B3||Good Thoughts, Bad Thoughts||12:20|
- Distributed By – Chess/Janus Records
- Distributed By – Janus Records
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Westbound Records, Inc.
- Produced For – Westbound Records, Inc.
- Published By – Bridgeport Music
- Published By – Gold Forever Music
- Recorded At – Manta Sound
- Recorded At – Hollywood Sound Recorders
- Recorded At – Crystal Sound
- Recorded At – United Sound Systems
- Mastered At – Mastercraft
- Pressed By – Columbia Records Pressing Plant, Pitman
- Art Direction – Neil Terk
- Artwork [Album Art] – Bruse Bell, Maggot Funkagraphix, Inc., Pedro Bell
- Artwork [Funkadelic Portraits] – Bell Brothers , G. Lance Everett
- Bass Vocals [Subterranean Bass Vocals] – Ray (Stingray) Davis*
- Bass, Vocals – C. 'Boogie' Mosson*
- Design Concept [Album Concept], Design – George Clinton, Pedro Bell
- Guest, Bass – Jimmy Calhoun
- Guest, Drums – Gary Bronson
- Guest, Percussion – Tyrone Lampkin
- Guest, Piano – Leon Patillo
- Keyboards, Vocals – Bernard (Bernie) Worrell*
- Lead Guitar, Vocals – Eddie 'Smedley Smorganoff' Hazel*
- Liner Notes – Sir Lleb Of Funkadelia*
- Mastered By – HC*
- Percussion, Vocals – R. 'Tiki' Fulwood*
- Photography By [Funkadelic Portraits] – Ira Marcus
- Producer – George Clinton
- Rhythm Guitar, Lead Guitar – Ron Brykowski*
- Rhythm Guitar, Lead Guitar, Vocals [Dowop Vocals] – Gary Shider*
- Supervised By [Production Supervision] – Bob Scerbo
- Tenor Vocals, Congas – Calvin Simon
- Vocals – George Clinton, 'Shady' Grady Thomas*
- Vocals [Berserker Octave Vocals] – Clarence 'Fuzzy' Haskins*
- Written-By – G. Clinton*, G. Cook* (tracks: A2 to B3)
℗ 1974 Westbound Records, Inc.
Produced [...] for Westbound Records, Inc.
Recorded at Manta Sound, Toronto; Hollywood Sound, Hollywood; Crystal Sound, Los Angeles; and United Sound, Detroit.
All tunes published by: Bridgeport Music BMI except "Red Hot Momma" published by: Gold Forever Music BMI
The members of Parliament appear through the courtesy of Casablanca Records.
Westbound Records are nationally distributed by Chess/Janus Records, 1633 Broadway, New York, N.Y. 10019. A division of GRT Corp.
℗ 1974 Westbound Records, Inc., Detroit, Michigan
Distributed by Janus Records N.Y. N.Y.
Columbia, Pitman pressing as indicated by 'p' in runout areas.
This version has title printed on 2 lines on labels.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Rights Society: BMI
- Matrix / Runout (Label side A): WB 1001 A
- Matrix / Runout (Label side B): WB 1001 B
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side A): P WB-1001-A M HC
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side B): P WB-1001-B GC
- Pressing Plant ID: P
|WB-1001, WB 1001||Funkadelic||Standing On The Verge Of Getting It On (LP, Album, MO)||Westbound Records, Westbound Records||WB-1001, WB 1001||US||1974|
|5198-1001 M||Funkadelic||Standing On The Verge Of Getting It On (Cass, Album)||Westbound Records||5198-1001 M||US||1974|
|SEWA 040||Funkadelic||Standing On The Verge Of Getting It On (LP, Album, RE, Gat)||Westbound Records||SEWA 040||Germany||1991|
|SEWA 040||Funkadelic||Standing On The Verge Of Getting It On (LP, RE, Gat)||Westbound Records||SEWA 040||UK||Unknown|
|SEWA 040||Funkadelic||Standing On The Verge Of Getting It On (LP, Album, RE)||Westbound Records||SEWA 040||Europe||1991|