New York's Chris Kowanko tackles his honest, conversational pop songs of the deceptively everyday with the insight and inner fire of such British outsiders as Roy Harper and The Jazz Butcher. Kowanko's basic materials are still raw, but hold much promise for the future.
New York's Chris Kowanko tackles his honest, conversational pop songs of the deceptively everyday with the insight and inner fire of such British outsiders as Roy Harper and The Jazz Butcher.
While many folks put a high premium on productivity, Chris Kowanko's second album, Spell, proves there's a lot to be said for taking your own sweet time writing a record.
A gifted singer/songwriter, Chris Kowanko has made a pair of fine albums when not busy with other careers in acting and visual art. Born in Australia, Kowanko's parents emigrated to the United States when he was young and eventually settled in Minnesota. In time, Kowanko developed an interest in both theater and art, which took him to New York City in 1983, where he became involved in a number of theater projects. When not acting, Kowanko wrote songs, some of which were used in a variety of off-Broadway theater productions. With Fisk in the producer's chair, Kowanko recorded his second album, Spell, in 2001, releasing it later that year on his own imprint, Swimming Records.
Chris Kowanko – Kowanko. Label: Morgan Creek Records – 519 351-2. Vocals, Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Keyboards, Strings, Kalimba – Chris Kowanko.
Artist: Chris Kowanko. Chris Kowanko: best 2 tracks. Chris Kowanko - Next Time In Town Spell, 2001 03:21. Chris Kowanko - Everything Must Go Spell, 2001 03:50. Artist: Chris Kowanko. Label: Morgan Creek Records – 2959-20010-2. Written-By – Brian Zipin (tracks: 8), Chris Kowanko, Eric Ehn (tracks: 9). Notes.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||One Too Many Times||3:28|
Backing Vocals – Knut Bohn*
|8||Turn Me Down||4:31|
|9||I Work I Think I Am In Love||3:34|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Morgan Creek Music Group
- Copyright (c) – Morgan Creek Music Group
- Manufactured By – Morgan Creek Records
- Marketed By – Morgan Creek Records
- Arranged By [Strings] – David Mansfield
- Bass – Tony Shanahan
- Cello – Lorin Bernsohn
- Drums, Percussion – Graham Hawthorne
- Electric Guitar – Brian Zipin
- Engineer – Knut Bohn*
- Executive-Producer – Don Rubin
- Mixed By – Kevin Smith
- Mixed By [Assistant] – Anas Allaf*
- Organ [Hammond B-3] – Knut Bohn*
- Photography By – Joseph Heroun
- Producer – Lenny Kaye
- Recorded By – David Surface
- Recorded By [Assistant] – Carl Glanville, Shannon Carr
- Viola – Leonard Davis
- Violin – Emanuel Boder, Mark Schmookler*
- Violin, Fiddle [Egyptian], Pedal Steel Guitar – David Mansfield
- Vocals, Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Keyboards, Strings [Strum Stick], Kalimba [Thumb Piano] – Chris Kowanko
- Written-By – Brian Zipin (tracks: 8), Chris Kowanko, Eric Ehn (tracks: 9)
NotesOn back cover:
Produced for SBK Record Productions, Inc.
℗ © 1992 Morgan Creek Music Group. Manufactured and marketed by Morgan Creek Records. Printed in the USA.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (String): 729592001027
- Barcode (Text): 7 2959-20010-2 7
- Other (SPARS Code): AAD
|519 351-2||Chris Kowanko||Kowanko (CD, Album)||Morgan Creek Records||519 351-2||Europe||1992|