The Manhattans tried to return to the soul form of past years with this mid-'80s release. It contained songs written and produced by the great Bobby Womack and less pop/crossover arrangements and influences. Gerald Alston was preparing to leave the group, but still sang with his customary warmth and style. But the person who made the most impact on this album was new co-vocalist Regina Belle. She became an urban contemporary star in the Anita Baker/Dianne Reeves quasi-jazz vein, but on this album she was singing with more soul and less polish.
More albums from Manhattans: Too Hot To Stop It by Manhattans. Sing For You And Yours by Manhattans. Forever By Your Side by Manhattans. Love Talk by Manhattans. There’s No Good In Goodbye by Manhattans. The Manhattans by Manhattans. Black Tie by Manhattans. There’s No Me Without You by Manhattans. 6. Back Into The Night. 9. Don’t Look Into My Eyes. 10. Neither One Of Us (Wants To Be The First To Say Goodbye). More albums from Manhattans: Too Hot To Stop It by Manhattans.
In 1983, The Manhattans released the album Forever by Your Side, by Columbia Records, which brought the two singles the group that year. The first was the song "Crazy", the great success of this album, peaked at number 4 on the R&B chart. The second single was the title track "Forever by Your Side", which had moderate success in the United States, peaked at number 30 on the R&B chart, but has become a great success and a romantic classic in Brazil two years later, when it was included as part of the soundtrack of a soap opera in the country in 1985. In early 1991 Bivins added Alvin Pazant, bringing the group back to a quintet. Harris proved to be only a short-term lead, and in April 1991 he was replaced by Wade Taylor. Taylor was replaced in July 1991 when Bivins recruited Lee Williams, the person whom they had originally wanted to replace George Smith.
Back to the Basics is the eighth mixtape by American hip hop recording artist Rich Homie Quan. It was released on April 14, 2017, by Motown Records. It serves as Quan's first commercial release with Motown. The lead single, "Replay" was released on March 17, 2017. The second single, "Gamble was released on July 31, 2017. The promotional single, "Da Streetz" was released on March 31, 2017. The second promotional single, "Heart Cold" was released on April 7, 2017.
All the great songs and lyrics from the "Back to Basics" album ont he Web's largest and most authoritative lyrics resource. The Manhattans are an American popular R&B vocal group, with a string of hit records spanning four decades. Their best known million-selling songs being "Kiss and Say Goodbye" and "Shining Star" in 1980 (not to be confused with "Shining Star" by Earth, Wind & Fire, which was a completely d. ore . Year: 1986.
|1||Change Of Heart||4:50|
|2||Where Did We Go Wrong?||5:00|
|3||All I Need||3:30|
|4||I'm Through Trying To Prove My Love To You||5:25|
|6||Back Into The Night||5:05|
|7||Just Like You||4:08|
|9||Don't Look Into My Eyes||4:02|
|10||Neither One Of Us (Wants To Be The First To Say Goodbye)||4:32|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – CBS Inc.
- Copyright (c) – CBS Inc.
- Manufactured By – CBS/Sony Inc.
- Acoustic Guitar – Bobby Womack (tracks: 2, 4, 5, 6)
- Arranged By – James Mack (tracks: 10)
- Bass – Paul Richmond (tracks: 10)
- Congas – Morris Jennings (tracks: 10)
- Design – Jo DiDonato*
- Drum Programming – Benjamin Wright (tracks: 2, 4, 5, 6)
- Engineer – Alex Williams (tracks: 1, 3), Barney Perkins (tracks: 2, 4, 5), Kendal Stubbs (tracks: 1, 3), Randy Webber (tracks: 1, 3)
- Executive-Producer – Joe McEwen, Mickey Eichner
- Guitar – Brian Adler (tracks: 10), Byron Gregory (tracks: 10), David Shields (tracks: 2, 6), Leon Rubinhold (tracks: 2, 4)
- Keyboards – Dan Lee Butts (tracks: 2, 4, 5, 6), John Black (tracks: 2, 4, 6)
- Lead Vocals – Regina Belle (tracks: 2)
- Mixed By – Stuart Walder (tracks: 10)
- Percussion – Paulinho Da Costa (tracks: 2, 4, 5, 6)
- Photography By – Marc Raboy
- Producer – Barry Perkins (tracks: 6), Bobby Womack (tracks: 2, 4, 5, 6), I.B.M.C* (tracks: 1, 3), Khalis Bayyan (tracks: 1, 3), Leo Graham (tracks: 10)
- Recorded By – Future Recording Studios (tracks: 10)
- Saxophone – Fernando Harkles* (tracks: 2), Steele Seals (tracks: 10)
- Strings – Arnie Roth (tracks: 10), Barbara Hoffner (tracks: 10), David Hildner (tracks: 10), David Myford (tracks: 10), Elaine Mack (tracks: 10), Everett Mirsky* (tracks: 10), Florentina Rammceann* (tracks: 10), Gail Salvatori (tracks: 10), Robert Swan (tracks: 10), Roger Moulton (tracks: 10)
- Synthesizer – Calvin 'Koko' Brunson* (tracks: 10), Chris 'Hambone' Cameron* (tracks: 10), Frank Hamilton (tracks: 2, 4, 5, 6)
- Vocals – Bobby Womack (tracks: 2, 4, 5, 6)
- Written-By – Barbara Morr (tracks: 1, 3), Bobby Womack (tracks: 4, 5), Brian Potter (tracks: 9), Eddie Roll (tracks: 1), Eduardo Del Barrio (tracks: 8), Frank Wildhorn (tracks: 9), Gerald Alston (tracks: 1, 3), Jeff Pescetto (tracks: 7), Jesse Barish (tracks: 6), Jim Weatherly (tracks: 10), Kathy Bloxson (tracks: 2), Kendal Stubbs (tracks: 1), Khalis Bayyan (tracks: 1), Roxanne Seeman (tracks: 8), Terry Shaddick (tracks: 6)
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: T4988 009 53615 6
- Rights Society: JASRAC
- Matrix / Runout: 32DP-581 11A1 +++++
|FC 40300, C 40300||The Manhattans*||Back To Basics (LP, Album)||Columbia, Columbia||FC 40300, C 40300||US||1986|
|28AP 3270||The Manhattans*||Back To Basics (LP, Album)||CBS/Sony||28AP 3270||Japan||1986|
|28AP 3270||The Manhattans*||Back To Basics (LP, Album, Promo)||CBS/Sony||28AP 3270||Japan||1986|
|138.699||The Manhattans*||Back To Basics (LP, Album)||Discos CBS||138.699||Brazil||1986|
|CBS 450063 1, FC 40300||The Manhattans*||Back To Basics (LP, Album)||CBS, CBS||CBS 450063 1, FC 40300||Europe||1986|