The Eye is the fifth studio album by King Diamond released in 1990. It continues to feature a major storyline such as other King Diamond albums, though it is told differently. The Eye is the only album to feature drummer Snowy Shaw and the last to feature guitarist Pete Blakk and bassist Hal Patino until his return on Abigail II: The Revenge. His two prior concept albums had been told from the perspective of the protagonists; this one is told from the view of a narrator.
King Diamond Albums Ranked. In the world of heavy metal, King Diamond is the thing that goes bump at night. Born Kim Bendix Peterson on June 14, 1956, in Denmark, King Diamond’s been slowly dying ever since (hey, aren’t we all?), only, lucky for us, he’s been chronicling every step of the process in gory, graphic, musical detail on his many, widely celebrated albums. So turn on all the house lights and steel your courage, pull back the cobwebs and watch out for child ghosts, in particular, as we creep together through King Diamond’s haunted discography, ranked from worst to best, in the gallery above.
Furthermore, because Mr. Diamond has excelled at the artistry of the full-fledged concept album, extracting individual songs - however memorable they may be - from their original storyline frameworks will always pose a problem due to what contextual details are inevitably lost in translation. Having said all that, Best of King Diamond provides a tight and economical snapshot from King Diamond's first five (many would say best) albums. 1986's transitory debut, Fatal Portrait is the only non-concept .
Гитарист KING DIAMOND Andy LaRocque сообщает: Я на самом деле сочиняю песни для нового альбома King Diamond. Думаю, фанатам будет интересно узнать, что King придерживается своей линии. У него есть кое-какие идеи, и я уверен, что очень скоро он приступит к записи этих самых идей, хотя, что касается лирики и историй для альбома, у него уже было немало материала и до этого.
All the great songs and lyrics from the "The Best of King Diamond" album ont he Web's largest and most authoritative lyrics resource. Kim Bendix Petersen (born June 14, 1956 in Copenhagen), better known by his stage name King Diamond, is a Grammy Award nominated Danish heavy metal musician. As a vocalist, he is known for his extensive vocal range, in particular his usage of falsetto. He is the lead vocalist for both Mercyful Fat. ore . Year
The Best Of King Diamond Album. The Best Of King Diamond. A Mansion in Darkness.
This King Diamond discography is ranked from best to worst, so the top King Diamond albums can be found at the top of the list. To make it easy for you, we haven't included King Diamond singles, EPs, or compilations, so everything you see here should only be studio albums.
|4||No Presents For Christmas||4:22|
|6||A Mansion In Darkness||4:35|
|7||The Family Ghost||4:08|
|10||The Invisible Guests||5:04|
|12||At The Graves||8:57|
|14||Eye Of The Witch||3:48|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – The All Blacks B.V.
- Copyright (c) – The All Blacks B.V.
- Record Company – ЗАО "Юниверсал Мьюзик"
- Manufactured By – ООО "Астико-Центр"
- Marketed By – ООО "Мистерия СД"
- Published By – Roadblock Music, Inc.
- Published By – BMG Songs, Inc.
- Edited At – West West Side Music
- Pressed By – ООО "Юрфорт"
- Bass – Hal Patino (tracks: 9-15), Timi Hansen (tracks: 1-8)
- Compilation Producer – Tom Burleigh
- Compiled By, Compilation Producer – Monte Conner
- Design – Smay Vision
- Drums – Mikkey Dee (tracks: 1-13), Snowy Shaw (tracks: 14, 15)
- Edited By – Alan Douches
- Guitar – Andy La Rocque*, Michael Denner (tracks: 1-8), Pete Blakk (tracks: 9-15)
- Liner Notes – David Ellefson
- Music By – Andy La Rocque* (tracks: 6, 13), King Diamond (tracks: 1-5, 7-12, 14, 15), Michael Denner (tracks: 2-4)
- Photography By [Cover], Photography By [Photographer] – Alex Solca
- Photography By [Photographer] – Ira Rosenson, Öle Ludgren
- Vocals, Lyrics By – King Diamond
NotesКомпиляция ℗ & © 2003 The All Blacks B.V.
Licensed edition manufactured in Russia.
Manufactured as a standard Jewel case with transparent tray and six-page foldout booklet.
The cat. # 260 012-6 is on the CD.
The cat. # 260 019-9 is on the booklet and the spine of the case.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Printed): 4 605026 001992
- Barcode (Scanned): 4605026001992
- Matrix / Runout: [Unuversal Label logo] 260 012-6 [CD-DA logo] KING DIAMOND - THE BEST OF
- Mould SID Code: IFPI ZG24
- Other (Mould text): ООО "ЮРФОРТ" Лицензия МПТР России ВАФ N77-121
- Rights Society: ASCAP
|RR 8341-2||King Diamond||The Best Of King Diamond (CD, Comp, RM)||Roadrunner Records||RR 8341-2||Europe||2003|
|RR 8341-2||King Diamond||The Best Of King Diamond (CD, Comp, RM, Unofficial)||Roadrunner Records||RR 8341-2||Russia||2003|
|RR 8341-2, MR 2333-2||King Diamond||The Best Of King Diamond (CD, Comp, RM)||Roadrunner Records, Moon Records||RR 8341-2, MR 2333-2||Ukraine||2007|
|1686-183412||King Diamond||The Best Of King Diamond (CD, Comp, RM)||Roadrunner Records||1686-183412||US||2003|
|168 618 341-2||King Diamond||The Best Of King Diamond (CD, Comp, RM)||Roadrunner Records||168 618 341-2||US||2003|