Mixed By – John LeckieProducer – The Trash Can SinatrasStrings – The Trash Can Sinatras. love this album but it is absolutely the thinnest vinyl I have in my collection. I always think I am going to cut myself when removing it from it's jacket. Reply Notify me 2 Helpful.
The Trash Can Sinatras' 1990 debut, Cake, mixes intricately intertwined guitars, in the spirit of a more charming, less gritty Johnny Marr, with lush strings and sophisticated harmonies. Touchingly clever wordplay ("You came into my life/Like a brick through a window/And I cracked a smile") abounds, as on "The Best Man's Fall. Easy on the ears and palate, Cake is as filling and digestible an album as one could hope. Subsequent Trash Can Sinatras releases reach for the same greatness but ultimately fall a little short. This precursor to early 21st century Brit-pop darkens the occasional used record store bin. And it tastes almost as fresh as the day it was made.
Exclusive discount for Prime members. Sample this album Artist (Sample). Maybe you're one of them.
The Trash Can Sinatras are a rock band which formed in 1986 in Irvine, Scotland. The band consists of Francis Reader (vocals, guitar), Paul Livingston (guitar), John Douglas (guitar, vocals), Frank Divanna (bass), Stevie Mulhearn (keyboards) and Stephen Douglas (drums). The band has released five albums: "Cake" (1990), "I've Seen Everything" (1993), "A Happy Pocket" (1996), "Weightlifting" (2004) and "In the Music" (2010). The Trashcan Sinatras were founded as a covers band.
Redirected from Trash Can Sinatras). The Trashcan Sinatras are a Scottish band that was formed in Irvine, Scotland in 1986. The band's music makes frequent use of pop harmonies and the lyrics make frequent use of wordplay. The band members met through the club/pub music scene in Irvine. The name was derived from a music class for the unemployed, where students improvised on various 'instruments'.
Funny is found on the album Cake. Found on more albums: The Cake. The Trash Can Sinatras – Funny. Due to a publisher block, we are not authorized to display these lyrics.
Is Cake the best album by Trashcan Sinatras? BestEverAlbums. com brings together thousands of 'greatest ever album' charts and calculates an overall ranking. THE TRASH CAN SINATRAS- Cake 1990 Album on Cassette Tape (Alternative Rock) Condition: Very Good. Time left: 4d 5h 17m 17s. Ships to: Worldwide. lt; THE TRASH CAN SINATRAS - CAKE ALBUM - original magazine advert small poster Condition: Very Good. Time left: 4d 5h 58m 57s.
A second Trash Can Sinatras single, "Only Tongue Can Tell," preceded the release of the quintet's debut LP, Cake, which met with a positive response on both sides of the Atlantic; in the . The Trash Can Sinatras kept busy with a live album in 2009, Brel, and preparing a box set intended to feature their Fontana albums plus Weightlifting and bonus tracks. Unfortunately, it never saw the light of day, and the band resumed touring in 2010, playing the initial show in a fan's living room in Portland.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|2||Maybe I Should Drive||3:26|
Percussion – Ronnie Goodman
|4||Even The Odd||3:20|
|5||The Best Man's Fall
Cello – Gavin McComb
|6||Circling The Circumference
Backing Vocals – Mags , Richeal*
|8||Only Tongue Can Tell
Keyboards – Clark Sorley
|9||You Made Me Feel
Soloist, Violin – Clare Thompson
|10||January's Little Joke||4:48|
- Manufactured By – PolyGram Records Ltd.
- Distributed By – PolyGram Records Ltd.
- Made By – PMDC, Germany
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Go! Discs Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Go! Discs Ltd.
- Published By – EMI Music Publishing Ltd.
- Recorded At – Shabby Road Studios, Kilmarnock
- Engineer – Peter Rose, Tony Harris
- Management – Porterhouse Management
- Mixed By – John Leckie (tracks: 1, 2, 6, 9, 10), Roger Béchirian* (tracks: 3, 5), The Trash Can Sinatras (tracks: 4, 7), Tony Harris (tracks: 8)
- Performer – Frank Read*, George McDaid, John Douglas , Paul Livingston, Stephen Douglas
- Photography By – Margaret Thomson, Paul Cox
- Piano – Clark Sorley (tracks: 2, 3, 9)
- Producer – John Leckie (tracks: 1, 4, 6), Roger Béchirian* (tracks: 3, 5, 7), The Trash Can Sinatras (tracks: 2, 8 to 10)
- Sleeve – TCS*
- Strings – Audrey Riley (tracks: 3, 7, 9), The Trash Can Sinatras (tracks: 2, 7, 9, 10)
- Written-By – The Trash Can Sinatras
NotesPMDC Germany pressing. Jewel case and 8 page inlay booklet.
Recorded at Shabby Road, Kilmarnock.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 0 42282 82012 9
- Barcode (String): 042282820129
- Matrix / Runout: 828 201-2 01 +
- Matrix / Runout (Inner Hub): MADE IN GERMANY BY PMDC YD
- Rights Society: BIEM / STEMRA
- SPARS Code: AAD
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 01V2
- Label Code: LC7192
- Price Code: BA900
|828 201-1||The Trash Can Sinatras||Cake (LP, Album)||Go! Discs||828 201-1||UK||1990|
|828 201-2||The Trash Can Sinatras||Cake (CD, Album)||Go! Discs||828 201-2||UK & Europe||1990|
|828 201-4||The Trash Can Sinatras||Cake (Cass, Album)||Go! Discs||828 201-4||1990|
|828 201-4||The Trash Can Sinatras||Cake (Cass, Album, Dol)||Go! Discs||828 201-4||Canada||1990|
|828 201-4, 422 828 201-4||The Trash Can Sinatras||Cake (Cass, Album, 35,)||Go! Discs, London Records||828 201-4, 422 828 201-4||US||1990|