His production for Unknown Pleasures was stark, austere, but Bummed is all smeared colors and harsh edges, a fistful of razors and menace cutting viciously into the subconscious. This is nasty, nightmarish music delivered with a lascivious leer by Shaun Ryder, a hallucinatory accidental poet portrayed on the album's garish cover as some kind of harlot put out to pasture.
Pills 'n' Thrills and Bellyaches is the third studio album by English alternative rock band Happy Mondays, released on November 27, 1990 by Factory Records. The band chose British DJ Paul Oakenfold and his frequent collaborator Steve Osbourne to produce the album based on their work on various remixes for the band's previous singles. It was recorded at Eden Studios in London throughout 1989 and early 1990.
Bummed - Студийный альбом от Happy Mondays. В альбом вошло 30 треков. Продолжительность альбома: 02:12:44. Lazyitis (One Armed Boxer). WFL (Vince Clarke 12″ mix). Mad Cyril (Hello Girls). Wrote for Luck (7″ version). Wrote for Luck (12″ version).
HAPPY MONDAYS Bummed FACTORY LP RARE 1988 A1/B1 UK 1ST PRESSING FACT220. Dispatched with Royal Mail 1st Class Happy Mondays : Bummed CD (2000). HAPPY MONDAYS - BUMMED FACTORY RECORDS FACT 220 Vinyl LP NEAR MINT CONDITION. Rare Original 1988 Happy Mondays Bummed Vinyl Album Record Factory Fac220. Inner in Very good condition. Happy mondays bummed lp factory fact 220. £2. 9.
This album has an average beat per minute of 117 BPM (slowest/fastest tempos: 102/147 BPM). See its BPM profile at the bottom of the page. Album starts at 147BPM, ends at BPM (-147), with tempos within the -BPM range. Try refreshing the page if dots are missing). Recent albums by Happy Mondays.
Bummed was the second album by British band Happy Mondays. It was released in November 1988 on Factory Records, and was produced by Martin Hannett. It has received critical praise, and produced several successful remixes, including "Mad Cyril" and "Wrote for Luck. This release collected the original 1988 album with a second disc of remixes from the era.
Despite its historical status as lesser sibling to 1990’s ‘Pills’N’Thrills And Bellyaches’, ’88s ‘Bummed’ has actually dated best of all the Mondays’ albums. Martin Hannett’s raw production shows the Madchester sound in its infancy; post-punk squall is squeezed next to acid-house expulsions, while Shaun Ryder’s laconic drawl (here at its most demonically accusatory) is. like the absinthe cherry on the top. Lyrically we’re introduced to a world of crooked geezers, loose women, bad drugs and even worse comedowns
Exclusive Prime pricing. OK, it's hard to beat Pills Thrills and Bellyaches, but Bummed comes close. More shambolic in nature, and maybe even more honestly funky, if that's possible, Bummed is always overlooked, as it was by me until I splurged for this Deluxe version, because I wanted all those old and wonderful remixes and 12" in one handy package. Surprise surprise, after really listening the album proper has held up remarkably well, the once muddy production now sounds crisp and psychedelic in the best possible sense of the word.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A2||Moving In With||3:36|
|A4||Fat Lady Wrestlers||3:22|
|B2||Wrote For Luck||6:03|
|B3||Bring A Friend||3:44|
|B4||Do It Better||2:29|
Written-By – J. Lennon and P. McCartney*
- Licensed From – ATV Music
- Manufactured By – Elektra/Asylum/Nonesuch Records
- Produced For – Jay Hatt
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Elektra/Asylum Records
- Copyright (c) – Factory Communications Ltd.
- Pressed By – Specialty Records Corporation
- Published By – Copyright Control
- Published By – SBK Blackwood Music Inc.
- Recorded At – The Slaughterhouse
- Mixed At – Strawberry Studios
- Artwork – Central Station Design
- Banjo – Horseman
- Bass – Paul Ryder
- Drums – Gary Whelan
- Engineer – Colin Richardson, John Spence, Laurence Diana
- Guitar – Mark Day
- Keyboards – Paul Davis
- Percussion – Dave Hassell*, Mark Berry
- Piano – Steve Hopkins
- Producer – Martin Hannett
- Vocals – Shaun Ryder
- Written-By – Happy Mondays
NotesRecorded August 1988 at The Slaughterhouse, Great Driffield, East Yorkshire
Mixdown September 1988 at Strawberry Studio, Stockport, Cheshire
Comes with printed inner sleeve.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Printed): 0 7559-60854-1 0
- Matrix / Runout (Label): ST-E-60854-A
- Matrix / Runout (Label): ST-E-60854-B
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout, variant 1 - hand etched): ST-E-60854A 1
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout, variant 1 - hand etched): ST-E-60854B 2
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout, variant 2 - hand etched): ST-E-60854A1 1-1 sflatl.
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout, variant 2 - hand etched): ST-E-60854B2 1-1 sflatl.
- Matrix / Runout (Side A/B runout, stamped): SRC (Large S with the R and C in the loops)
|FACT 220||Happy Mondays||Bummed (LP, Album, Emb)||Factory||FACT 220||UK||1988|
|9 60854-4||Happy Mondays||Bummed (Cass, Album)||Elektra||9 60854-4||US||1989|
|LP 836 346-1||Happy Mondays||Bummed (LP, Album)||Factory||LP 836 346-1||Canada||1988|
|3984 28250 2||Happy Mondays||Bummed (CD, Album, RE)||London Records||3984 28250 2||UK & Europe||Unknown|
|RTD 94||Happy Mondays||Bummed (LP, Album, W/Lbl)||Rough Trade||RTD 94||Germany||1988|