The double-disc collection Chicago 2018: It's Gonna Change celebrates the city's eclectic music scene. Strangely enough, it was compiled by Germany's Clearspot label, but perhaps an outsider's perspective was necessary to prevent the collection from seeming too self-congratulatory. At any rate, Chicago 2018 gives a fine overview of some of the city's most prominent post-rock and jazz artists, including Ken Vandermark 5, Eternals, Joshua Abrams, and NRG Ensemble.
Cursive - It's Gonna Hurt, Ouroboros・Chicago 2018.
A Change Is Gonna Come" is a song by American recording artist Sam Cooke. Produced by Hugo & Luigi and arranged and conducted by René Hall, the song was the B-side to "Shake".
It's Gonna Be Allright DJ Weirdo & DJ Sim. 4:54. It's Gonna Be Allright Alexandra Shine feat. Its Gonna Be Allright - Origin Ineptius. It's gonna be alright Lazygunsbrisky. It's Gonna Be Alright Jessbeatz.
While the song "It's Gonna Be Me" has been around since 2000 (when NSYNC released their sophomore album No Strings Attached), fans caught on to the viral pre-May celebration in 2012 after BuzzFeed posted a picture of an April calendar with a picture of Justin Timberlake taped to the 30th, reading "It's Gonna Be Ma. Since then, several memes have surfaced featuring a curly haired Timberlake and beyond, creating a hilarious annual Internet frenzy.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1-1||–Bobby Conn||The Whistler
Guitar, Vocals, Whistling, Drum Programming, Recorded By, Mixed By, Producer, Double Bass [Contrabass Imitation], Written-By – Bobby ConnViolin – Monica BouBou
|1-2||–Sam Prekop||The Afternoon
Written-By – Sam Prekop
|1-3||–Jim O'Rourke||Never Again
Written-By – Jim O'Rourke
Bass – Doug McCombs*Drums – David Pavcovic*Guitar – Jeff ParkerRecorded By – David Pavcovic*, Joe FergusonVocals – Yoko Nogei*Written-By – Toe 2000*
|1-5||–Chicago Underground Duo||King Cobra
Drums, Written-By – Chad TaylorTrumpet, Electronics, Written-By – Rob Mazurek
Bass – Kent KesslerDrums – David Suycot*Guitar – Greg SuranTenor Saxophone, Written-By – Mars Williams
Instruments [All], Written-By – Chris Brokaw, Curtis Harvey
|1-8||–Bundy K. Brown||Imagining Place
Written-By – Bundy K. Brown
|1-9||–Mick Turner||Sunny Xmas Day
Written-By – Mick Turner
Bass – Tatsu AokiDrums – David PavkovicGuitar, Written-By – Jeff Parker
Written-By – Tortoise
|2-2||–Freakwater||All Life Long Remix
Cello – Fred Lon-Berholm*Double Bass – Kent KesslerPercussion, Recorded By – Brendan BurkePerformer – Catherine Ann Irwin*, Janet Beveridge BeanWritten-By – Freakwater
|2-3||–Joshua Abrams||End Of June
Composed By – Joshua Abrams
Written-By – Eternals*
|2-5||–NRG Ensemble||Hold That Thought
Bass – Brian Sandstrom, Kent KesslerDrums – Steve Hunt Recorded By – Brenden Burke*Saxophone – Ken Vandermark, Mars WilliamsWritten-By – Mars Williams
|2-6||–Bobby Conn w/ Jim O'Rourke||California
Piano, Tape [Tape Delay] – Jim O'RourkeRecorded By – Stork Violin – Monica Bou Bou*Vocals, Guitar, Written-By – Bobby Conn
|2-7||–Ken Vandermark 5*||Distance
Bass – Kent KesslerDrums – Tim MulvennaGuitar, Trombone – Jeb BishopRecorded By – Malachi RitscherReeds, Written-By – Ken VandermarkSaxophone – Dave Rempis
Instruments [All] – Dan Bitney, Jeff Parker, John Herndon, Matt Lux*, Rob MazurekWritten-By – Rob Mazurek
- Distributed By – EFA – EFA 05417-2
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Clearspot
- Copyright (c) – Clearspot
- Pressed By – DADC – A0100310293-0102
- Pressed By – DADC – A0100310293-0202
- Published By – Brown Gold Music, Inc.
- Published By – Copyright Control
- Published By – Rough Trade Publishing
- Published By – Freakwater Publishing
- Published By – Bug Music
- Published By – Golden Cross Music
- Recorded At – Truckstop Audio, Chicago, IL
- Recorded At – The Weight Room, Somerville
- Recorded At – Über Studio
- Recorded At – Empty Bottle
- Mastered At – Hazelwood Studios
- Designed At – Grafiksalon, Frankfurt
- Compiled By [Collected & Compiled By] – Wolf Kampmann
- Coordinator [Coordination Chicago] – Bettina Richards, Jim O'Rourke
- Coordinator [Production Coordination], Concept By – Quintus Kannegiesser
- Design [Cow Design Booklet Cover] – Chris Holt
- Design [Cow Design On Cardboard Cover] – Fern Shaffer
- Design [Cow Design] – Adam Brooks , Christopher Tuscan, David Buehrens, Helmut Jahn , John Loftus , Joyce Elias, Karen Glaser, Krueck + Sexton Architects, Lou Beres & Associates, Michael Cavallini, Nancy Hild, Peter Van Vliet , Skyline Design, Tom Kwolik
- Design [Graphic Design] – Yvonne Pietz
- Edited By, Sequenced By – Quintus Kannegiesser
- Executive-Producer – Andreas Schaffer, Ulrich Vormehr
- Liner Notes [Original] – J.Corbett*, M.Myers*, W.Kampmann*
- Liner Notes [Translations] – Bob Lyng
- Mastered By – Tom Debelke
- Photography By [Cow Photos] – Wolf Kampmann
NotesSubtitled "The real sources of the advanced Chicago sound".
Photos taken in September 1999 during the art exhibition "City Of Cows", Chicago.
Track 1-1 recorded August 1999.
Track 1-4 recorded at Truckstop Audio, Chicago.
Track 1-7 recorded 24th September 1999 at Weight Room, Somerville.
Track 2-2 recorded January 1999 at Überstudio, remixed September 1999.
Track 2-5 recorded at Überstudio.
Track 2-6 recorded and broadcasted live December 1997 on WFMU, East Orange.
Track 2-7 recorded live 19th October 1999 at Empty Bottle, Chicago.
Track 2-8 recorded live 25th August 1999 at Empty Bottle.
Track 1-1: Brown Gold Music, Inc. (BMI)
Tracks 1-2, 1-4 to 2-1, 2-3 to 2-5, 2-8: Copyright Control
Track 1-3: Rough Trade Publishing
Track 2-2 Freakwater Publishing (BMI) Bug Music admin.
Track 2-6: Golden Cross Music (BMI)
This compilation ℗ & © clearspot 2000
A production of clearspot - a label of EFA Medien GmbH and "Jazzthetik".
Recommended by magazine "Jazzthetik" (circular sticker on cover).
Made in EC.
Issued in a clear tray 2CD-jewel case inside an O-card slipcase including 32-page booklet.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 7 18750 54172 7
- Label Code: LC02550
- Matrix / Runout (CD1): [DADC logo] A0100310293-0102 11 A1
- Matrix / Runout (CD2): [DADC logo] A0100310293-0202 14 A0
- Mastering SID Code (CD1): IFPI L551
- Mastering SID Code (CD2): IFPI L554
- Mould SID Code (CD1 & CD2): IFPI 94W4
- Rights Society: GEMA
- Rights Society: BMI
- Rights Society: ASCAP
|cs031, cs 031||Various||CHICAGO 2018... It's Gonna Change (2xLP, Comp)||Clearspot, Clearspot||cs031, cs 031||Germany||2000|