Going Back to Detroit was a complete turnaround from the previous year's I Love You 1,000 Times. New lead, Sonny Turner's exciting tenor is the prominent voice, and the material reflects the contemporary mid-'60s Platters, not the originals. With This Ring" led by Turner, became their most successful Musicor single, soaring to Pop and R&B; the song is lively and a complete change, materially, for the Platters, deviating even farther from their patented sound than "I Love You A Thousand Times.
Going Back to Detroit. The Platters Sing Of Your Moonlight Memories. Christmas With The Platters. Going Back to Detroit. All the Hits and More. The Very Best of the Platters 1966-1969. Varèse Vintage, Varese. B1. Love Must Go On. B2. I Can't Get Used To Sharing You. B3. Why Do You Wanna Make Me Blue. B4. On The Top Of My Mind. Going Back To Detroit (LP, Album, Mono). Columbia, Musicor Records. Going Back To Detroit (LP, Mono).
Discografia The Platters: t - With This Ring, Get A Hold Of Yourself, Shing-a-Ling-a-Loo, We Ain't What We Was, Going Back To Detroit, Love Must Go On, I Can't Get Used To Sharing You, Why Do You Wanna Make Me Blue, On The Top Of My Mind, Run While It's Dark. 05. 06. 07. 08. 09. 10. Run While It's Dark.
1. Listen to Goin' Back To Detroit in full in the this site app. Play on this site. You look like someone who appreciates good music.
100. Washed Ashore" b/w "What Name Shall I Give You My Love" (early copies) "One In A Million" (later copies) (Both B-sides from The Platters Have The Magic Touch). 56. 29. New Golden Hits. Think Before You Walk Away" b/w "So Many Tears". I Get The Sweetest Feeling. Hard To Get a Thing Called Love" b/w "Why".
|A1||With This Ring||2:24|
|A2||Get A Hold Of Yourself||2:23|
|A4||Run While It's Dark||2:05|
|A5||Going Back To Detroit||2:25|
|B1||Love Must Go On||2:10|
|B2||I Can't Get Used To Sharing You||2:23|
|B3||Why Do You Wanna Make Me Blue||2:30|
|B4||On The Top Of My Mind||2:10|
|B5||We Ain't What We Was||2:29|
- Published By – Vee Vee Music
- Published By – A.M.C. Inc.
- Published By – Argo Music Inc.
- Published By – Gleam Music, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Musicor Records
- Record Company – Talmadge Productions, Inc.
- Lacquer Cut At – Audio Matrix, Inc.
- Mastered At – Bell Sound Studios
- Pressed By – Abbey Record Manufacturing Co., Inc.
- Coordinator [Album] – Bob Scerbo
- Engineer – George Schowerer, Skip Juried
- Producer – Buck Ram (tracks: A4, B4, B5), Luther Dixon (tracks: A1 to A3, A5 to B3)
- Vocals – Herb Reed (tracks: B4, B5), Larry Johnson (tracks: A2), Nate Nelson (tracks: A4, B3), Sonny Turner (tracks: A1, A3, A5 to B2)
- Written By – B. Lincoln (tracks: A4), B. Scott (tracks: A2, A5, B2), C. Marshall (tracks: B3), L. Jennings (tracks: A2, A5, B3)
- Written-By – B. Ram* (tracks: A3, B1, B4, B5), L. Dixon* (tracks: A1 to A3, A5 to B2), R. Wylie* (tracks: A1), S. Turner* (tracks: A3), T. Hester* (tracks: A1)
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Rights Society (A1 to A5, B2, B3): BMI
- Rights Society (A3, B1, B4, B5): ASCAP
- Matrix / Runout (A-Side Runout Etching): AudioMatrix MS 3125A-1A BellSound AB 4-67
- Matrix / Runout (B-Side Runout Etching): AudioMatrix MS 3125B-1A BellSound AB 4-67
|MS3125, MS 3125||The Platters||Going Back To Detroit (LP, Ter)||Musicor Records, Musicor Records||MS3125, MS 3125||US||1967|
|MSCD-3125||The Platters||Going Back To Detroit (CD, Album)||King Records||MSCD-3125||US||1988|
|LPST-V-306||The Platters||Going Back To Detroit (LP, Mono)||Jugoton, Stateside||LPST-V-306||Yugoslavia||1972|
|SBP 233419||The Platters||Going Back To Detroit (LP)||CBS||SBP 233419||Australia & New Zealand||1967|
|MM-2125, MM2125||The Platters||Going Back To Detroit (LP, Album, Mono)||Columbia, Musicor Records||MM-2125, MM2125||Canada||1967|