Little Steven LP (Cass, Album). Freedom No Compromise (LP, Album).
Redirected from Freedom-No Compromise). Freedom – No Compromise is the third solo album by Little Steven released in 1987. Following on the moderate success of Artists United Against Apartheid's "Sun City", Steven Van Zandt's next record was a full-on dance-rock record, verging in places on world music. Bruce Springsteen and Rubén Blades join Van Zandt on lead vocals on "Native American" and "Bitter Fruit", respectively.
Revolution is the fourth solo album by Little Steven released in 1989. The Disciples of Soul were gone in all but name (although former Disciple/Young Rascals drummer Dino Danelli did the album art), and the music was largely electronic. All songs written, produced and arranged by Little Steven. Where Do We Go From Here?" - 6:00. Love and Forgiveness" - 4:44. Leonard Peltier" - 3:45.
Consumer Guide Album. Little Steven: Freedom No Compromise There are good singers who moan and good singers who whine, but this doomed soul is neither. He's just a guy who longs to let all the love and pain and ambition inside him out, and who isn't even any good at imitating those who know how. Civic virtue, rhythmic responsibility, sartorial overkill-none of them will gain him an ounce more popular credibility than he's already gained on the coattails of this icon or that issue.
Album Freedom No Compromise. I was born lucky they always say I work in these fields of plenty Sweat for the company far away Fruit once sweet now has bitter taste. My father he was a union man Very proud and outspoken They came and took him when I was young I will fight 'till his work is done. And my children are hungry To taste the sweet life Though my eyes have grown tired Their desire keeps me alive. I will gather no more of your bitter fruit. Soon from the fields will come fire To cleanse the lies from all sides The flames of freedom grow higher Until desire - is satisfied. And they want to help in America And the guns they come from America But they fight against us North America Why are the people so quiet in America? More on Genius. Bitter Fruit" Track Info. Freedom No Compromise Little Steven.
Listen to Freedom No Compromise now. Listen to Freedom No Compromise in full in the this site app. Play on this site.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A2||Trail Of Broken Treaties
Vocals [Additional] – Kenny Moore
Lead Vocals [Additional] – Ruben Blades
|B1||No More Party's
Vocals [Additional] – Cobra Jones
|B2||Can't You Feel The Fire||4:35|
Lead Vocals [Additional] – Bruce Springsteen
- Record Company – Capitol Records, Inc.
- Marketed By – EMI
- Manufactured By – EMI
- Distributed By – EMI Pathé Marconi S.A.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Manhattan Records
- Copyright (c) – Little Steven Music
- Pressed By – Teldec-Press GmbH
- Recorded At – Shakedown Sound Studios
- Recorded At – Atlantic Studios
- Recorded At – Power Station
- Recorded At – The Village Recorder
- Recorded At – Record Plant, Los Angeles
- Recorded At – Rumbo Recorders
- Recorded At – Cherokee Studios
- Mixed At – Atlantic Studios
- Mastered At – Masterdisk
- Backing Vocals – Audrey Wheeler, Benjamin Newberry, Brenda White-King*, Craig Derry, Debra Byrd, Elicia Wright*, Floyd Westerman, Julia Waters, Kenny Moore, Luther Waters, Maxine Waters, Oren Waters, Steve Jordan, Tina B.*, Wendell Morrison, Will Downing
- Backing Vocals [Additional] – Abner Mariri, Kindiza Ngubeni, Mendiswa Mzamne, Moeketsi Bodibe, Motlole Moseki, Mweci Mzizi, Nonhlanhla Simelane, Ronald Kunene, Sechaba Cultural Singers, South African Students Committee/UCLA, Tnemba Ntinga, Tshepo Tsotetsi, Zole Dube
- Bass – Doug Wimbish, Romeo Williams, T.M. Stevens
- Drums – David Beal, Keith LeBlanc, Steve Jordan
- Engineer [Assistant] – Bill Dooley, Claude Achille, Don Rodenback*, Ed Garcia*, Jeff Lord-Alge, Rob Jacobs, Rob Paustin*, Shizuko Orishige
- Flute [Bass] – Zoe Yanakis
- Keyboards – Charlie Judge*
- Keyboards [Additional] – Bernie Worrell, Greg Phillinganes, Paul Shaffer, Richard Scher, Tommy Mandel
- Mastered By – Bob Ludwig
- Mixed By – Tom Lord-Alge
- Percussion – David Beal, Monti Ellison, Ruben Blades
- Performer [Toyo] – Hilario P. Soto
- Programmed By [Drums] – Benjamin Newberry, David Beal, Little Steven
- Recorded By – John Rollo, Robert de la Garza, Steve Rinkoff
- Recorded By [Additional] – Allan Meyerson*, Bruce Lamcov*, Clyde Kaplan, Don Smith, Thom Panunzio, Tom Nist
- Vocals, Guitar, Dulcimer – Little Steven
- Written By, Arranged By, Producer – Little Steven
Notes© ℗ 1987 Manhattan Records, a division of Capitol Records, Inc. Marketed, manufactured and distributed by EMI. Printed in Holland by EMI Services Benelux B.V., Uden.
In France, exclusive distribution by EMI Pathe Marconi S.A..
On back of cover: 064 240731 1 and France : PM 264 24 731 1 R B.
On spine: 24 0731
On label : A2 is misspelled Trail Of Broken Treatles
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 5 099924 073110
- Label Code: LC 7365
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side 1): 240731 1 A 21 M9 356013 2 (stamped) JCP (etched)
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side 2): 240731 1 B 21 M9 356014 2 (stamped) JCP (etched)
- Price Code: PM 264
- Rights Society: SACEM SDRM SACD SGDL
|CDP-7-46678-2||Little Steven||Freedom No Compromise (CD, Album)||Manhattan Records||CDP-7-46678-2||UK & Europe||1987|
|none||Little Steven||Little Steven LP (Cass, Album)||EMI||none||UK||1987|
|062-2407311||Little Steven||Freedom No Compromise (LP, Album)||Manhattan Records||062-2407311||Greece||1987|
|31C 064 240731||Little Steven||Freedom No Compromise (LP, Album)||Manhattan Records||31C 064 240731||Brazil||1987|
|062-2407311||Little Steven||Freedom No Compromise (LP, Album, TP)||Manhattan Records||062-2407311||Greece||1987|