Young Americans is the ninth studio album by the English musician David Bowie, released on 7 March 1975 by RCA Records. The album marked a departure from the glam rock style of Bowie's previous albums, showcasing his interest in soul and R&B music. Bowie would call the album's sound "plastic soul", describing it as "the squashed remains of ethnic music as it survives in the age of Muzak rock, written and sung by a white limey".
Формируйте собственную коллекцию записей David Bowie. Jovenes Americanos (Young Americans) (LP, Album). Young Americans (Cass, Album).
Young Americans is the result of Bowie’s obsession with soul music. In a hodgepodge of political and social imagery, Bowie paints us an image of the America he saw. Luther Vandross participated in background vocals while David Sanborn helped arrange saxophone pieces and backing vocals for the entire album
Young Americans represented David Bowie's dive into soul music, particularly Philly Soul. By July, he was spiking his live.
David Bowie had dropped hints during the Diamond Dogs tour that he was moving toward R&B, but the full-blown blue-eyed soul of Young Americans came as a shock.
David Bowie – Young Americans Album Zip Download (7. 1MB) Songs are compressed with best possible compression by keeping maximum quality possible. Each track has same high quality 320kbps CBR format.
Young Americans is more than a passionate, soulful, sexy, and breathtaking nod to Bowie's love for soul and R&B music, but is a testament to his remarkable talent as well to the talents of the people on this record - Carlos Alomar, Mike Garson, Ava Cherry, Robin Clark, Luther Vandross, Earl Slick, and Dennis Davis, to name a few - who make i. Young Americans has some great songs on it. The songs are soulful and heartfelt. When Young Americans was first released, it was dismissed as being "plastic soul". But I can't honestly imagine Bowie's vast and varied discography without Young Americans. I do want to make a point about the 1999 reissue. It is the best version around.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|B1||Somebody Up There Likes Me||6:30|
|B2||Across The Universe
Guitar – John Lennon
|B3||Can You Hear Me||5:04|
Backing Vocals – Jean Fineberg, Jean Millington, John LennonGuitar – John Lennon
- Printed By – Campi Grafica
- Backing Vocals – Anthony Hinton, Ava Cherry, David Bowie, Diane Sumler, Luther Vandross, Robin Clark , Warren Peace
- Bass – Emir Kassan*, Willy Weeks*
- Drums – Andy Newmark, Dennis Davis
- Engineer [Record Plant] – Harry Maslin
- Engineer [Recording] – Carl Parulow* (tracks: A1 to B1, B3), Eddie Kramer (tracks: B2, B4)
- Guitar – Carlos Alomar, David Bowie, Earl Slick
- Keyboards – David Bowie, Michael Garson*
- Percussion – Larry Washington, Pablo Rosario, Ralph MacDonald
- Producer – David Bowie (tracks: B2 to B4), Harry Maslin (tracks: A2 to B4), Tony Visconti (tracks: A2 to B1)
- Saxophone – David Sanborn
- Technician [Record Plant] – David Thoener, Kevin Herron
- Technician [Tape Operator] – Dave Whitman* (tracks: B2, B4), Mike Hutchinson* (tracks: A1 to B1, B3)
NotesSleeve printed in Italy CAMPI Grafica Foligno.
The first Italian pressing was distributed with the same printed inner sleeve used in the US version.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Rights Society: SIAE
- Matrix / Runout (Side 1 label): EKAY 30498
- Matrix / Runout (Side 2 label): EKAY 30499
|APL1-0998||David Bowie||Young Americans (LP, Album, Hol)||RCA Victor||APL1-0998||US||1975|
|PL 80998||David Bowie||Young Americans (LP, Album, RE)||RCA||PL 80998||Europe||1984|
|RCD 10140||David Bowie||Young Americans (CD, Album, Club, RE, RM)||Rykodisc||RCD 10140||US||Unknown|
|0946 3 51258 2 5||David Bowie||Young Americans (CD, Album, RM + DVD-V, Multichannel, PAL)||EMI||0946 3 51258 2 5||Europe||2007|
|RCD 10140||David Bowie||Young Americans (CD, Album, RE, RM, Lon)||Rykodisc||RCD 10140||US||1991|